Nicky Weaver vs Chesterfield

Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 Chesterfield (Mellor 12 & Tudgay 90). 8-7 on penalties.

Weaver, Buxton, Purse, Beevers (Otsemobor 90+3), Jones, Sedgwick, Coke, Potter, Teale, Morrison (Tudgay 78), Mellor (Heffernan 67).

Subs not used: Jameson, Palmer. 

Enjoyed watching that.

i played against weaver in a charity game a couple of years ago he was man mountain in the bar after I was stood talking to him and I remember thinking if he got excited he would have my eye out 

I had to miss this game. Had tickets but my daughter got ill and we had to stay at home. I was gutted (as I always am when I miss a game) but at least it was on TV.

So many moments in that video make Weaver look great. One of the most impressive selections of penalty saves you will see, especially the first one. His own penalty was unstoppable; he went straight down the middle at such pace that if the keeper had stood his ground, he'd have had his head knocked off. And finally his first reaction when Lee missed was to commiserate him, before any thoughts of celebration entered his head.

Clasd act all around.

11 hours ago, aeroswfc said:

Weaver, Buxton, Purse, Beevers (Otsemobor 90+3), Jones, Sedgwick, Coke, Potter, Teale, Morrison (Tudgay 78), Mellor (Heffernan 67).

Stat-man Ta

It does make you wonder though if the penalty spot was a yard further back which ball would be going faster through space weavers, or Simmo's my guess would be weavers because those piggletts are second best at everything and always look at the back of us 

I watched this on the Sky app on my Xbox. Felt like watching the future, being able to get Sky on my home telly without a satellite box! If only I knew what was up ahead...

Always had a soft spot for Weaver even before this, ultimately I think he got treated fairly poorly by the club. Didn't he start a season without a number after we signed Kirkland?

3 hours ago, since59owe said:

Stat-man Ta

14 hours ago, aeroswfc said:

Otsemobor.... *Shudders*