David Hirst - Francis refused Ferguson's phone calls

I know for a fact ( cos i was there)..to wee wee man ure off even more...

'Someone' said, ffs its fergy again, tell him we want ryan giggs in part ex as well...that ought to foook him off.

The decision not to sell was TF's alone and had majority backing from the board.

I bet that the tight Jock tuss was reversing the charges. “ You have a call from a Mr Ferguson in Manchester, would you accept the charges ?” I don’t blame Trevor for refusing to take the call. You gotta look after the pennies.Fergie wasted a sheet of A4 that Wednesday had paid for when he sent the fax... can’t flippin win.

as a team which had just finished 3rd in the league, followed by 7th in the league and 2 cup finals, why would we want to sell our best striker to one of our rivals? good for Wednesday for turning down the bid an trying to build a team to challenge the top teams, just as usual, we went about it the wrong way and buggered it up.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sexpistol said:

In hindsight we should have sold Hirst. After the 92/93 season, he wasn’t the same player again. If we had of sold him, there would have been uproar. Fair play to Francis for saying no, but ultimately it was the wrong decision.

For the record David Hirst is my all time favourite Wednesday player. A pleasure to watch him.

bloody chansiri not willing to sell players

• Haha 1

This time around, Trevor Francis refused to answer my phone calls and I had no alternative but to fax him, which brought a public outburst from Trevor," Ferguson recalled in his 1999 autobiography

what about the alternative of taking the hint you overhyped g1t

:image:

21 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Enjoy.;-)

My favourite Hirst goal was the diving header against Barnsley in the league cup in about 1987 He came on as a sub and absolutely ran Barnsley ragged. It was absolutely throwing it down that night. Was anybody on here at that game?

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

My favourite Hirst goal was the diving header against Barnsley in the league cup in about 1987 He came on as a sub and absolutely ran Barnsley ragged. It was absolutely throwing it down that night. Was anybody on here at that game?

I was at the game and got p1ss wet through at Oakwell. Hirst came on as sub and got the winner, I think it was 2-1. Happy carefree times😃

2 minutes ago, Prince said:

I was at the game and got p1ss wet through at Oakwell. Hirst came on as sub and got the winner, I think it was 2-1. Happy carefree times😃

I’ve actually put the goals from that game in the first awayday thread as someone stated it was the first away game they went to.

• Thanks 1

all great goals but the standout for me was the one at Southampton coz I was stood right behind that goal and you could hear it fizzing as it came towards us …..was brilliant technique as normal mortals would have taken a touch first and probably have been  closed down . 

On 25/03/2020 at 21:11, Stoop said:

Kennet Anderson?

:duntmatter:

Anderson was a top player. Apparently, we'd done a deal to sign him just after the 94 WC but Francis has spent the last of transfer budget on Ingersson (RIP) so we had to let the opportunity pass. Another example of his poor player recruitment post the 93 cup final.