3 minutes ago, horny owl said:

When we were in the top flight we were near the top in attendances in English football

In today's Premier league we'd need to increase the capacity of Hillsborough to cope 

As I've said many times 37K capacity for a club this size in the modern top flight would be a joke.

For the first game maybe.

Then the seats would be the wrong shade of blue or the pies the wrong flavour.

45 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

You mean like how it only used to cost about £15.00 on the gate over 20 years ago and we still couldn't average over 30,000.

That?

No not that.

I mean back then a lot of fans were disinterested.   Not just at Hillsborough.   

THAT

12 hours ago, kristmace said:

We're averaging 26,714 so far this season. 

We had 8 years in the Premier League, and only beat this average in 4 of them. 

12 hours ago, kristmace said:

We're averaging 26,714 so far this season. 

We had 8 years in the Premier League, and only beat this average in 4 of them. 

Thats very impressive for the most expensive club in the league with a team that's not hit top form yet.

While I can never agree with £36 to watch Wednesday (North Stand price) being anywhere near reasonable, you have to applaud the strategy to force season ticket sales which will see our average attendance increase by 6,000. I think that is to be celebrated and I'm sure if we can have a good run of form up to Christmas could see another 2/3K in half season tickets. Very impressed with our fans.

My first Wednesday game v Wimbledon 1988 was £3 for my dad and £2 for me. We didn't go much cos it was so expensive!!!!! D'oh!!!!!

Edited by briggowl

So we added an average of 6000 on the gate at the moment, added roughly 4000 new season ticket holders from last season.

You can kind of see Chansiri's way now. If the 6000 average really buy into his season they can either become half season ticket holders or new season ticket holders next season.

This would take season ticket holders up to roughly 24000 next season.

2 hours ago, briggowl said:

While I can never agree with £36 to watch Wednesday (North Stand price) being anywhere near reasonable, you have to applaud the strategy to force season ticket sales which will see our average attendance increase by 6,000. I think that is to be celebrated and I'm sure if we can have a good run of form up to Christmas could see another 2/3K in half season tickets. Very impressed with our fans.

My first Wednesday game v Wimbledon 1988 was £3 for my dad and £2 for me. We didn't go much cos it was so expensive!!!!! D'oh!!!!!

and if my memory serves me well there was 13/14K in the ground in a top-flight game. 

Until recently and a couple of seasons in the early 90s, its always been the same at hillsborough, one week mid teens against unattractive opposition, then 35K for Man U/Liverpool the following week.