Without starting another thread, how are Huddersfield getting away with charging there own supporters £10-£12 and yet charge visiting fans £30 every game?

I though clubs were only allowed 4 games per season where they can put offers on where home fans pay less than visiting fans, most clubs usually include visiting fans anyway in these offers.

I'm  from  Doncaster and work in Rotherham. There are loads of Wednesday fans who attend matches regularly from these two places. I currently buy tickets per match and it costs me a fortune. Thinking of getting a half season ticket if you can still get them as I won't miss that many matches between now and  end of season. 

28 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Without starting another thread, how are Huddersfield getting away with charging there own supporters £10-£12 and yet charge visiting fans £30 every game?

I though clubs were only allowed 4 games per season where they can put offers on where home fans pay less than visiting fans, most clubs usually include visiting fans anyway in these offers.

Just been looking on their site.

Clear as mud.

Either hiding behind smoke and mirrors, or only offering the deals in non like for like stands, although I don't know how they can argue that in this kind of stadium.   

The 1,000 tickets for a £5er is interesting.   They are clearly trying to up bums on seats.

How much do we make a season, on matchday tickets, on the money OVER 30 quid per ticket?

Nearly everyone has an ST or is a kid or the game is a lower bracket. 

It can't be more than 400K, is it worth winding people up? It's literally just adults going to openers and Boxing Day matches getting stung for an extra 10-15 quid.

It's pointless enough to be worth naff all financially, yet arrogant and frustrating enough to put people off.

Seriously. 

1 hour ago, salmonbones said:

Just been looking on their site.

Clear as mud.

Either hiding behind smoke and mirrors, or only offering the deals in non like for like stands, although I don't know how they can argue that in this kind of stadium.   

The 1,000 tickets for a £5er is interesting.   They are clearly trying to up bums on seats.

I suppose that's why they apparently have a bottom four budget

39 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I suppose that's why they apparently have a bottom four budget

They are in a position where they can garner a bit of extra interest - fair play to them to be honest.

I'd love Wednesday to be able to do something similar, however - the bar has been set and I think there is no going back on our M.O for pricing until such a time that we do see a large (5 to 10%) increase in our own attendances.

15 hours ago, the monk said:

Any reason for this ?

The reason been that I think the ground is starting to look really tatty again. Paint work on back of north is nothing short of dire. Facilities are 1970's at best.

I have heard the rumours of chansari  wanting a new stadium in hillsborough park, he also wanted to dam the river up at the back of the south to create a lagoon allegedly!

In the far east people have ways of making these pipe dreams happen, but against Sheffield council lol

They don't allow private investment in this city

42 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

The reason been that I think the ground is starting to look really tatty again. Paint work on back of north is nothing short of dire. Facilities are 1970's at best.

I have heard the rumours of chansari  wanting a new stadium in hillsborough park, he also wanted to dam the river up at the back of the south to create a lagoon allegedly!

In the far east people have ways of making these pipe dreams happen, but against Sheffield council lol

We had a natural lagoon a few years back ! 

1 hour ago, ViolaOwls said:

Whoever made that lagoon rumour up could have at least looked up what a lagoon is, unless Chansiri is moving us to the coast.

31 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Whoever made that lagoon rumour up could have at least looked up what a lagoon is, unless Chansiri is moving us to the coast.

Was told he said it in one of his Happy clapper meetings?

Lagoon in Thai, lost in translation lol

8 hours ago, kristmace said:

We're averaging 26,714 so far this season. 

We had 8 years in the Premier League, and only beat this average in 4 of them. 

People keep turning the stats out for when we were in the premier last.    Forgetting to mention trends for attendances at that time were far lower across the board for every side.

It's not a fair comparison, and to be fair it's one that is normally brought up by blades fans who like to tell us when they had 30k average attendance last and how we can't match that.   It's not comparing apples with apples.

5 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

People keep turning the stats out for when we were in the premier last.    Forgetting to mention trends for attendances at that time were far lower across the board for every side.

It's not a fair comparison, and to be fair it's one that is normally brought up by blades fans who like to tell us when they had 30k average attendance last and how we can't match that.   It's not comparing apples with apples.

You mean like how it only used to cost about £15.00 on the gate over 20 years ago and we still couldn't average over 30,000.

That?

When we were in the top flight we were near the top in attendances in English football

In today's Premier league we'd need to increase the capacity of Hillsborough to cope 

As I've said many times 37K capacity for a club this size in the modern top flight would be a joke.