I added one to that total yesterday, took the wife with me for only the second time. Trouble is she enjoyed it so much it could become a regular, expensive weekend. Mind you her record is 2 games - 2 wins, so maybe I should bite the bullet. Didn't even get priority points for her ticket on my membership, cheapskates. 

should we be averaging better crowds based on population? think the club should be doing more to encourage families and the younger end as they are the future, really need to make home match days feel special , create what hillsborough deserves, a fortress and wall of sound.

26 minutes ago, debram said:

should we be averaging better crowds based on population? think the club should be doing more to encourage families and the younger end as they are the future, really need to make home match days feel special , create what hillsborough deserves, a fortress and wall of sound.

us and blunts must average around 44k between us which is pretty good with power to add if the season pans out as  both clubs hope .

52 minutes ago, debram said:

What do they need to do? Tickets are £10 for u11s and £5 for u5s very good value in my opinion and sort of balances out the ridiculous POTG adult prices. 

8 hours ago, David1867 said:

What do they need to do? Tickets are £10 for u11s and £5 for u5s very good value in my opinion and sort of balances out the ridiculous POTG adult prices. 

Sadly from my point of view as an infrequent regular I think you are right. Season tickets are up with many committed to a 3 year deal, crowds in general are up. Chansari and his back office team seem to know what they are doing.  

12 hours ago, debram said:

Yes - 500,000+ Living in Sheffield. The fans that attend each week come from all over the country so the core 20,000 aren't exactly exclusively form that number.

We have a huge chance now while we are competitive to fill the ground and sell shirts, food, trinkets and hook the next generation of fans.

DC isn't playing the long long game it seems.

1 hour ago, Cersei said:

Yes - 500,000+ Living in Sheffield. The fans that attend each week come from all over the country so the core 20,000 aren't exactly exclusively form that number.

We have a huge chance now while we are competitive to fill the ground and sell shirts, food, trinkets and hook the next generation of fans.

DC isn't playing the long long game it seems.

Yes the next generation is important, strike whilst the iron is hot before the blunts do, targeting/promoting and giving icentives to schools may be an idea.

8 minutes ago, debram said:

Yes the next generation is important, strike whilst the iron is hot before the blunts do, targeting/promoting and giving icentives to schools may be an idea.

I agree with this, with the empty seats we have I see no reason why we can't give out free tickets to schools and other local groups. A school trip to Wednesday is better than to a local marsh pond 

I think it was at a tennis tournament in China I was watching recently where they'd let schools in for free and it helped build the atmosphere and helps get kids more interested in the sport/team 

someone message joe Palmer 

garymegson

Having said all that i suppose the language at football games may put some parents off haha 

Edited by Southie_Owl

32 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I agree with this, with the empty seats we have I see no reason why we can't give out free tickets to schools and other local groups. A school trip to Wednesday is better than to a local marsh pond 

I think it was at a tennis tournament in China I was watching recently where they'd let schools in for free and it helped build the atmosphere and helps get kids more interested in the sport/team 

someone message joe Palmer 

garymegson

Having said all that i suppose the language at football games may put some parents off haha 

Get them all together in a family area, they would love it and not be long before they were hooked

5 minutes ago, debram said:

Get them all together in a family area, they would love it and not be long before they were hooked

Good point, I forgot that at Southampton they have a family stand/section. And they have the section where fans are allowed to stand and sing etc. Although some don't like hearing it, they get quite a lot right there 

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Mr F, at these prices that's a good crowd.

And look at Villa's 32,000,  only 5 months out of Premership, plus a few more away fans than QPR.

In a city of 1 million plus population for 2 teams, or 1.3 million if you include West Brom.

3 hours ago, horny owl said:

Wait until we get into the Premier League

37K usable seats won't be anywhere nearly enough to cope

The leppings lane end will definately need serious development to finally sort out our ridiculous segregation issues

Needs reworking now rather than later!

But I personally think its because new stadium plans are in place. Dread the thought, but fear it to be true

Edited by ViolaOwls

5 hours ago, Bulldog said:

The fact that it's now 49 years since we averaged 30k means he's probably correct.

And around 32 of them out of the top division .

In 92 Chelsea averaged 18k

City 24k

Tottenham 27k

Man u 37k (ground development?)

Sufc 18k

Norwich16k