Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
31Dec1966

25,903

Recommended Posts

If we ever have a category G game I can see sold out signs going up. 

 

Definitely have to open Lepps lower. 

 

My guess Burton or Brentford will be one of these games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, full fathom five said:

I agree it's  nothing to  celebrate but at the prices we charge is also not something  to mock.

If Wednesday  had a reasonable  price  structure then the  attendances would be nearer 30k.

It wouldn't...

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Carbone said:

 

So how do you explain Hillsborough selling out/home crowds over 30K in recent years if we don't have the fans?

 

We're not like Huddersfield who can't sell out their biggest home game of the season for a tenner a ticket lol

Every club gains fans for big games we are no different we can't average 30,000 in the championship, suppose we could if ST were £150 and POTD was a tenner but that's not gonna happen 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the price really effects everyone. I get when I can but work away so have other things to do at weekends, but I will defo get to 6-8 games no matter what price and try and get to more if possible. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, captain jack said:

Every club gains fans for big games we are no different we can't average 30,000 in the championship, suppose we could if ST were £150 and POTD was a tenner but that's not gonna happen 

 

Indeed, I expect these 30k+ games people are thinking about are home to Wycombe and Arsenal last year.

 

the Wycombe game was a last day of the season, win gets promotion, summer game. 

 

I can guarentee that if ticket prices were cheaper now people wouldn't be flocking to see us in 6th place against a midtable team in the autum/winter months. 

 

And arsenal brought about 3-5k away fans which always makes attendences seem more impressive anyway. 

 

I personally think whatever the prices we'd still average around 26k, and maybe closer to 28k if we were a top two side. 

 

Incidentally when Saints were a top two side in this league a few years ago playing good football they were averaging 26k. In a new stadium and in a city with only one club to support and their ticket prices weren't cheap

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My view is that we'd be getting a few extra thousand if ticket prices were a little bit more sensible. 

 

The counter argument to that is whether that would make the club any better off financially. 

 

For me I'd like to see a happy medium approach to ticket prices i.e. a set price (not crazily expensive, nor obscenely cheap) that applies to all games, regardless of who the opposition are. 

 

They'll no doubt be arguments to such an approach but still. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Top 6 for 2 seasons in a row. Best squad in 25 years.

 

25k is nothing to celebrate.

 

Ah! Come on Mr. Farrell, a bit harsh given the economic climate that the average football fan faces. No??

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of trying to get multiple seats together when booking late (only sure we could go yesterday morning) I have a question ?

 

We ended up in the bottom of the South and I was wondering how many of our fans are actually Ninja Warriors ?

 

To get from the North to the QPR fans you would have needed to cross a line of stewards the cheese wedge and then climb into the top of the west. Why do we have an empty stand and an empty block of seats between the fans ? 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

V good crowd and hats off to any pay in the day fans at those prices. Certainly kept me away but so be it

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sheffielddart said:

In terms of trying to get multiple seats together when booking late (only sure we could go yesterday morning) I have a question ?

 

We ended up in the bottom of the South and I was wondering how many of our fans are actually Ninja Warriors ?

 

To get from the North to the QPR fans you would have needed to cross a line of stewards the cheese wedge and then climb into the top of the west. Why do we have an empty stand and an empty block of seats between the fans ? 

 

I believe it is because of the safety certificate saying we cannot fill the North now as people cannot get out quick enough in an evacuation so have reduced the capacity, if I'm correct?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SiJ said:

My view is that we'd be getting a few extra thousand if ticket prices were a little bit more sensible. 

 

The counter argument to that is whether that would make the club any better off financially. 

 

For me I'd like to see a happy medium approach to ticket prices i.e. a set price (not crazily expensive, nor obscenely cheap) that applies to all games, regardless of who the opposition are. 

 

They'll no doubt be arguments to such an approach but still. 

Agree with this. It shouldn't be about making as much as possible. If we can get more in at a reduced price with no effect on profit but create a better backing and atmosphere this has to be better for everyone concerned mainly the effect on the team. In relation to yesterday the QPR support and backing was fairly appalling so almost 26k was very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tickets over 30 quid just make zero sense.

 

The reality is that most games are either;

 

On sky

On a stream randomly

On a champions league night in Winter

 

Or a game against a side with no real rivalry or interest, November against Burton at home for instance.

 

Yes we need fan loyalty, we ARE a club etc etc. But it's 2016 and we should be more savvy at inclusion, offers and filling the ground.

 

Chuck some money at getting 30+K in rather than the next signing imo.

 

If Bradford can make great value work then we can too. 

  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cersei said:

Tickets over 30 quid just make zero sense.

 

The reality is that most games are either;

 

On sky

On a stream randomly

On a champions league night in Winter

 

Or a game against a side with no real rivalry or interest, November against Burton at home for instance.

 

Yes we need fan loyalty, we ARE a club etc etc. But it's 2016 and we should be more savvy at inclusion, offers and filling the ground.

 

Chuck some money at getting 30+K in rather than the next signing imo.

 

If Bradford can make great value work then we can too. 

They're in league one 

Edited by captain jack
Spelling error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I'll say the Toon are cheaper and you'll say parachute payments.

 

We are not a unique butterfly that needs to charge 40 quid a seat.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, captain jack said:

There in league one 

 

Yeah their FFP requirements may look a little different without paying out £5m + £4m + £1.8m for three players this summer, to name a few 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could charge the same as Bradford if you fancy watching Pub League football. 

  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What needs sorting out is the West Stand, far too many seats that we are not allowed to sell.

The crowd sgregation at Hillsbrough is the worst in the division..

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, F. Spiksley said:

 

Ah! Come on Mr. Farrell, a bit harsh given the economic climate that the average football fan faces. No??

 

He can't see reason as it wouldn't tally up with his campaign against the management.

 

1 hour ago, Cersei said:

Tickets over 30 quid just make zero sense.

 

The reality is that most games are either;

 

On sky

On a stream randomly

On a champions league night in Winter

 

Or a game against a side with no real rivalry or interest, November against Burton at home for instance.

 

Yes we need fan loyalty, we ARE a club etc etc. But it's 2016 and we should be more savvy at inclusion, offers and filling the ground.

 

Chuck some money at getting 30+K in rather than the next signing imo.

 

If Bradford can make great value work then we can too. 

 

Any more excuses not to come? That list doesn't sound exhaustive enough to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how much it was yesterday for a ticket but the first half alone was worth the price. Watching that sort of football in the 3/4 games I went to last season is why I signed up for a 3 year ST.

 

£30+ is a lot for a game of football but when you see how good the football is, you can see why the pricing is a bit more premium.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, outlaw pete said:

What needs sorting out is the West Stand, far too many seats that we are not allowed to sell.

The crowd sgregation at Hillsbrough is the worst in the division..

 

Couldn't agree more the empty section always looks bl**dy awful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...