2 hours ago, full fathom five said:

I agree it's  nothing to  celebrate but at the prices we charge is also not something  to mock.

If Wednesday  had a reasonable  price  structure then the  attendances would be nearer 30k.

It wouldn't...

10 minutes ago, Carbone said:

So how do you explain Hillsborough selling out/home crowds over 30K in recent years if we don't have the fans?

We're not like Huddersfield who can't sell out their biggest home game of the season for a tenner a ticket lol

Every club gains fans for big games we are no different we can't average 30,000 in the championship, suppose we could if ST were £150 and POTD was a tenner but that's not gonna happen 

10 minutes ago, captain jack said:

Every club gains fans for big games we are no different we can't average 30,000 in the championship, suppose we could if ST were £150 and POTD was a tenner but that's not gonna happen 

Indeed, I expect these 30k+ games people are thinking about are home to Wycombe and Arsenal last year.

the Wycombe game was a last day of the season, win gets promotion, summer game. 

I can guarentee that if ticket prices were cheaper now people wouldn't be flocking to see us in 6th place against a midtable team in the autum/winter months. 

And arsenal brought about 3-5k away fans which always makes attendences seem more impressive anyway. 

I personally think whatever the prices we'd still average around 26k, and maybe closer to 28k if we were a top two side. 

Incidentally when Saints were a top two side in this league a few years ago playing good football they were averaging 26k. In a new stadium and in a city with only one club to support and their ticket prices weren't cheap

Edited by Southie_Owl

My view is that we'd be getting a few extra thousand if ticket prices were a little bit more sensible. 

The counter argument to that is whether that would make the club any better off financially. 

For me I'd like to see a happy medium approach to ticket prices i.e. a set price (not crazily expensive, nor obscenely cheap) that applies to all games, regardless of who the opposition are. 

They'll no doubt be arguments to such an approach but still. 

In terms of trying to get multiple seats together when booking late (only sure we could go yesterday morning) I have a question ?

We ended up in the bottom of the South and I was wondering how many of our fans are actually Ninja Warriors ?

To get from the North to the QPR fans you would have needed to cross a line of stewards the cheese wedge and then climb into the top of the west. Why do we have an empty stand and an empty block of seats between the fans ? 

21 minutes ago, sheffielddart said:

In terms of trying to get multiple seats together when booking late (only sure we could go yesterday morning) I have a question ?

We ended up in the bottom of the South and I was wondering how many of our fans are actually Ninja Warriors ?

To get from the North to the QPR fans you would have needed to cross a line of stewards the cheese wedge and then climb into the top of the west. Why do we have an empty stand and an empty block of seats between the fans ? 

I believe it is because of the safety certificate saying we cannot fill the North now as people cannot get out quick enough in an evacuation so have reduced the capacity, if I'm correct?

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

My view is that we'd be getting a few extra thousand if ticket prices were a little bit more sensible. 

The counter argument to that is whether that would make the club any better off financially. 

For me I'd like to see a happy medium approach to ticket prices i.e. a set price (not crazily expensive, nor obscenely cheap) that applies to all games, regardless of who the opposition are. 

They'll no doubt be arguments to such an approach but still. 

Agree with this. It shouldn't be about making as much as possible. If we can get more in at a reduced price with no effect on profit but create a better backing and atmosphere this has to be better for everyone concerned mainly the effect on the team. In relation to yesterday the QPR support and backing was fairly appalling so almost 26k was very good.

Tickets over 30 quid just make zero sense.

The reality is that most games are either;

On sky

On a stream randomly

On a champions league night in Winter

Or a game against a side with no real rivalry or interest, November against Burton at home for instance.

Yes we need fan loyalty, we ARE a club etc etc. But it's 2016 and we should be more savvy at inclusion, offers and filling the ground.

Chuck some money at getting 30+K in rather than the next signing imo.

If Bradford can make great value work then we can too. 

5 minutes ago, Cersei said:

On sky

On a stream randomly

Or a game against a side with no real rivalry or interest, November against Burton at home for instance.

Yes we need fan loyalty, we ARE a club etc etc. But it's 2016 and we should be more savvy at inclusion, offers and filling the ground.

They're in league one 

Edited by captain jack
Spelling error

3 hours ago, F. Spiksley said:

Ah! Come on Mr. Farrell, a bit harsh given the economic climate that the average football fan faces. No??

He can't see reason as it wouldn't tally up with his campaign against the management.

1 hour ago, Cersei said:

On sky

On a stream randomly

Any more excuses not to come? That list doesn't sound exhaustive enough to me.

I don't know how much it was yesterday for a ticket but the first half alone was worth the price. Watching that sort of football in the 3/4 games I went to last season is why I signed up for a 3 year ST.

£30+ is a lot for a game of football but when you see how good the football is, you can see why the pricing is a bit more premium.