6 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Imagine how many we'd get with reasonable ticket prices

We'd smash 30K average easily

Not so sure.

I remember when I first got a season ticket (£75 for a kid!) we were told the "hardcore" was about 27,000.

Right now i'd say it's less than that but with the potential for more.    I think we are where we are and it's about right, regardless of the pricing.

10 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Top 6 for 2 seasons in a row. Best squad in 25 years.

25k is nothing to celebrate.

I agree it's  nothing to  celebrate but at the prices we charge is also not something  to mock.

If Wednesday  had a reasonable  price  structure then the  attendances would be nearer 30k.

1 hour ago, Arthur Bach said:

Some people still under the impression there are thousands of fans waiting to come to the game but can't.

There isn't.

So they won't.

Maybe we don't have the fanbase people think we have, and never did.

Fantastic attendances by the way.

This bloke knows it all

10 hours ago, horny owl said:

Imagine how many we'd get with reasonable ticket prices

We'd smash 30K average easily

I don't think we would because not as many would have got ST they would have POTD, heard a few new ST holders (me included) comment on how they've had to buy a ST cos the pricing to pay on the day is way to much for families 

12 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Top 6 for 2 seasons in a row. Best squad in 25 years.

25k is nothing to celebrate.

When we were in the premier league our average attendances were between 24-27k. And that includes the away fans.

Taking away the 800 QPR fans yesterday I think 25k to watch a 6th placed championship side is respectable enough for us

18 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

When we were in the premier league our average attendances were between 24-27k. And that includes the away fans.

Taking away the 800 QPR fans yesterday I think 25k to watch a 6th placed championship side is respectable enough for us

Take a look at such as Southampton, Norwich, Brighton back then and compare crowds and its easy to see we are missing a trick big time due to stupid prices .

25000 is not a big crowd, we averaged around that in 2006 dicing with relegation 

3 hours ago, Arthur Bach said:

Some people still under the impression there are thousands of fans waiting to come to the game but can't.

There isn't.

So they won't.

Maybe we don't have the fanbase people think we have, and never did.

Fantastic attendances by the way.

So how do you explain Hillsborough selling out/home crowds over 30K in recent years if we don't have the fans?

We're not like Huddersfield who can't sell out their biggest home game of the season for a tenner a ticket lol

5 minutes ago, the monk said:

Take a look at such as Southampton, Norwich, Brighton back then and compare crowds and its easy to see we are missing a trick big time due to stupid prices .

25000 is not a big crowd, we averaged around that in 2006 dicing with relegation 

Saints and Brighton have got new stadiums fans flood into new stadiums, and Norwich have expanded 3 times since 1992, 25,000 at home to QPR is very very good