I know has been covered before...

19 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

I didn't mean it in a racist / offensive way.... what I meant was it'll be a backpack with a few essentials and I'll be with my young son, to enjoy the footy. 

It was obvious you didn't but there will always be someome trying to make a situation out of nothing. You don't need to explain yourself.

for the record you will be fine .

Why do walkers,train passengers ,and anyone that visits London need a backpack?

I've done all three many times and never needed one !

And while I'm on one, why when you see a group of walkers are they always laughing and talking really loud ?

Is it something in their bags they have sampled ?

3 hours ago, j17tjp said:

I didn't mean it in a racist / offensive way.... what I meant was it'll be a backpack with a few essentials and I'll be with my young son, to enjoy the footy. 

Can we try to not offend the terrorists please. ISIS are humans jut like the rest of us.

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Why do walkers,train passengers ,and anyone that visits London need a backpack?

I've done all three many times and never needed one !

And while I'm on one, why when you see a group of walkers are they always laughing and talking really loud ?

Is it something in their bags they have sampled ?

You certainly haven't done much fell walking without a backpack. 

6 hours ago, lt109 said:

depends who's doing the looking or listening

I get the point you are making (that from the eyes of a Syrian/Iraqi an image of a 'terrorist' may be somewhat different) but do you think ISIS are not also considered terrorists by the people of Syria and Iraq? They have killed more Syrians and Iraqs (of all faiths and none) than they have Westerners - thousands and thousands more. Do you think the largely Muslim populations of these countries agree with ISIS' doctrine? Perhaps we should check with the hundreds of human shields that ISIS is moving into Mosul today.

So, you may say that some people in other countries - and to be honest that is an oft-repeated statement over here but actually I've found the people of Iraq and Syria have more nuanced ideas than this - may have additional views on what a 'terrorist looks like' but I don't think you'll find anywhere that would exclude ISIS as being part of that picture. 

Unless of course you think ISIS properly represents Islam....?

4 hours ago, the monk said:

They're amused that you didn't bring a backpack 

2 hours ago, whatevertrevor said:

I get the point you are making (that from the eyes of a Syrian/Iraqi an image of a 'terrorist' may be somewhat different) but do you think ISIS are not also considered terrorists by the people of Syria and Iraq? They have killed more Syrians and Iraqs (of all faiths and none) than they have Westerners - thousands and thousands more. Do you think the largely Muslim populations of these countries agree with ISIS' doctrine? Perhaps we should check with the hundreds of human shields that ISIS is moving into Mosul today.

So, you may say that some people in other countries - and to be honest that is an oft-repeated statement over here but actually I've found the people of Iraq and Syria have more nuanced ideas than this - may have additional views on what a 'terrorist looks like' but I don't think you'll find anywhere that would exclude ISIS as being part of that picture. 

Unless of course you think ISIS properly represents Islam....?

Bloody hell, the poor guy only wanted to know if he could bring a bag with him.