Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Remember your Bannan predictions Sally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got obvious pedigree, but seems the kind of player you build a side around, or don't pick at all. I think he was bought in as an 'upgrade' on Keiron Lee, but he has taken his form to a whole new level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

give him a run of games in his best position, why start him away at cardiff, beats me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rate Abdi as a player. Class in this division for Watford.

 

But another game where he starts does nothing and is taken off early.

 

If he is as good as we are led to believe, why are we not playing him in his best position? 

 

Or is he just going to be expensive flop.

 

Huge waste of 4 million pounds so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so excited about signing him and yet so far has offered absolutely nothing. Early days yet but so far a total let down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's starting to seem like we have been sold a pup.

 

Not seen anything so far, not even a few flashes to suggest he was worth 4 million.

 

We could have purchased a hell of a midfield enforcer/beast for 4 million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I rate Abdi as a player. Class in this division for Watford.

 

But another game where he starts does nothing and is taken off early.

 

If he is as good as we are led to believe, why are we not playing him in his best position? 

 

Or is he just going to be expensive flop.

 

Huge waste of 4 million pounds so far.

 

That's Carlos constantly playing him out of position. There's only so much Abdi can do.

 

I really feel for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't lose class. 

 

You do lose form. 

 

He will regain his form. 

 

Have patience wednesday fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, vulva said:

Got obvious pedigree, but seems the kind of player you build a side around, or don't pick at all. I think he was bought in as an 'upgrade' on Keiron Lee, but he has taken his form to a whole new level. 

I said this weeks ago on this very forum

 

9 minutes ago, ANDY said:

You don't lose class. 

 

You do lose form. 

 

He will regain his form. 

 

Have patience wednesday fans. 

Thats what i think unless he spits the dummy in which case he can do one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of when we signed Kenny Lunt, really excited when he signed, thought he would be great for us and was a massive let down. Please CC give Abdi 90 mins in his best position. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hindsight - he has a great reputation, why wouldn't we sign him? Still think he'll come good if, like said above, he is played in the correct position. But to be honest, others don't deserve to be dropped and we're not exactly doing badly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Reminds me of when we signed Kenny Lunt, really excited when he signed, thought he would be great for us and was a massive let down. Please CC give Abdi 90 mins in his best position. 

 

Just to start with, then build on that with 3/4 games. Let him build up a relationship with the other centre mids over the course of a run of games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, North-East-Owl said:

hindsight - he has a great reputation, why wouldn't we sign him? Still think he'll come good if, like said above, he is played in the correct position. But to be honest, others don't deserve to be dropped and we're not exactly doing badly!

Thats my position 

 

If he gets a shirt, i don't care if its at left back, he has to show enough to make it hard for CC and his staff to ignore his claims, as yet he hasn't 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just said in match day thread, Watford fans are shocked we aren't building our team around him playing in hole behind the forwards.

 

Proven talent at Chsmpionship and Premiership level being wasted on left wing or on bench.

 

Weird decision to sign him and then waste his talents. 

 

If if he doesn't fit the system why sign him? 

Edited by RichSheffWeds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...