Hutchison

Flint is a dominating presence and good in the air, but as our Kieran showed, he's quite flat footed when running at him.

Sam is pretty much the opposite, which is why we needed a dominating CB in the transfer window...

16 minutes ago, Hedwig said:

Flint is a dominating presence and good in the air, but as our Kieran showed, he's quite flat footed when running at him.

Sam is pretty much the opposite, which is why we needed a dominating CB in the transfer window...

Lees is pretty dominant in the air if you forget the Bristol city game.

He's been superb at CB and he's been less reckless (2 yellows and 1 red so far)

He’s no stranger to playing there during his Chelsea days but at times, we do miss him and his "energy" in the middle. I suppose whichever way you look at it, Hutch can still be used as cover if required. It’s great to know we have such a quality player ready to slot into either role.

id say sam is my fav player 4us just a shame those Portuguese players aint got the same commitment as sam ,sam would just about go though a wall to play ,he was injured after 7mins on sunday and it was 99% certain he was coming off with loovens coming on but he carried on shook it off and played the full 93 minutes . joao matias melo etc would have been running to come off after 7mins saying that be lucky if we get even 7mins out of them.

Love Hutch - my favourite player.

Found these posts from a thread in April 2015. How times change.

"Get rid at end of season

Hardly ever plays

Either through suspension or injury

Decent player but

Gone are the days we carry injury prone players

Plus he'll be on a decent wage"

"Don't think he's a good central midfielder personally. Has no attributes in the centre and doesn't look natural."

"People say about putting Hutchinson in the back four and i just don't see the fascination, he collects yellows like smarties and his fitness record is abysmal , we need a settled back four is he really that good to risk upsetting a back four that's collected so many clean sheets ?

Plus for me he wouldn't get anywhere near taking Buxton/Palmer or Vermijl's shirt at right back ."

"Still would love somebody to point out what he does. Shocking signing as I predicted this season . Hopefully will be paid up and binned off."

Guest Copthorneowl

A popular opinion is that however good Hutch is in central defence we need his centre mid protection skills more. As far as I'm concerned when Sam plays alongside Lees as a pair we no longer need the same protection in front and as playing Hutchinson in cm means Loovens plays we are weakened on both fronts.

The many comments on here about his likelihood to pick up yellows in centre mid are also valid but not as it appears when he's at the back. Keep him with Lees imo.

Jones was brought in to replace hutch in midfield. Also we spent 4 million on Abdi and 5 million on Reach. If Carlos would have wanted a 5 million pound defender he would have got one. Completely trusts Hutchinson as his first choice centre back.