David Jones

7 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Every pass was bang on the money today whether it 5 yard or a 50 yard switch, right place right time to make interceptions also. Great stuff from him, that trio of Jones, Bazza and Lee could be fantastic given time. 

Indeed, when we're in possession with those 3 in midfield and Reach and FF moving up to play with a central striker then we could have a great team. Hope they can get it working more often 

41 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Indeed, when we're in possession with those 3 in midfield and Reach and FF moving up to play with a central striker then we could have a great team. Hope they can get it working more often 

I am a fan of hoopers but the centeral striker has to be Fletcher. His link up play is up there with anybody in this league. 

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I am a fan of hoopers but the centeral striker has to be Fletcher. His link up play is up there with anybody in this league. 

I agree, I also hope Joao may be good there too because his link up play is decent and he has pace to cause different problems to defences 

18 minutes ago, Muffin Owl said:

He doesn't deliver the goals that Hooper does though. Pretty crucial comparison.

Think Fletcher will get his fair share this season. Maybe not as many as hooper though. However still prefer Fletcher as I feel he allowes the team to create more goalscoring opportunities.

I think we're starting to see why CC brought Jones to the club. At first, I thought he was a bit of a pointless signing - just to make up the numbers. He was brilliant yesterday - reading the game superbly, breaking up the play and distributing the ball exceptionally well. Without being a strong tackler, he's made us much stronger. Very good player...

On 17/10/2016 at 16:32, Semedo's ferret said:

I'm surprised it's taken CC to see we need Jones in there, away from home especially. The formation v Huddersfield was like our best run last season with Hutch playing in front of Lees and Loovens. 

No it wasnt our best run.

Our best run of wins, points and goals had a midfield of

FF Lee Bannan Wallace

with Hooper and Nuhiu or Joao up front.

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

No it wasnt our best run.

Our best run of wins, points and goals had a midfield of

FF Lee Bannan Wallace

with Hooper and Nuhiu or Joao up front.

As soon as I read this post I knew who wrote it without lookin

Edited by Eightace

From my point of view, playing Jones is a positive move, and probably Carlos's nod to a 4-3-3 line up. It's what some of us have been calling for, for a while now. Playing with two out and out wingers leaves us vulnerable, and, quite frankly, hasn't exactly brought a flow of goals. Now, with Jones, Lee and Bannan, we are much more competitive in the middle of the park.

Remember after not quite settling in after a few games some of the comments were particularly negative. 

Our fans demand a player to fit in and play to the best of their ability just seconds after touching down at the club. No breathing space. Claustrophobic atmosphere to ply your trade but he's a professional and can deal with that. He's showing his worth. Keep it up DJ.