Sheffield Wednesday quiz #2

3 hours ago, Neal M said:

In what way?

getting a wrong answer scored only one point more Than some right answers. in some cases a wrong answer scored less.if a wrong answer should score a 100 points .I only got one question wrong but 3 people above me in the table got more wrong than me .so that really makes no sense

16 minutes ago, Beast of Boulogne said:

As far as I can see Mark Robins , Klas Ingesson , Paulo Di Canio and Dan Petrescu have only won 1 of the stated european trophies.

They've won the European Supercup or Intertoto Cup as well as one of the major trophies, but they weren't stipulated in the question - if they count, then Steve Nicol has won two as well.

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

They've won the European Supercup or Intertoto Cup as well as one of the major trophies, but they weren't stipulated in the question - if they count, then Steve Nicol has won two as well.

I know but they were not the stated acceptable answers , if you're going to count the intertoto cup you might as well have the Finlux shield, Anglo Italian cup and Ibiza cup FFS.

Originally I intended to only count the ones stated. But when I re-read the way I'd phrased the question it wasn't 100% clear - so to be fair I allowed intertoto and UEFA super cup wins too. 

Steve Nicol did win the "super cup" with Liverpool in 1986, but that wasn't the UEFA Super Cup. It was an English Football League sponsored competition that was designed to boost the finances of clubs who were denied European qualification after Heysel.

Irony of ironies.... The scousers won it.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

2 minutes ago, Beast of Boulogne said:

I know but they were not the stated acceptable answers , if you're going to count the intertoto cup you might as well have the Finlux shield, Anglo Italian cup and Ibiza cup FFS.

As I say, my original question wasn't clear enough.

The Super Cup and Intertoto are classed by UEFA as "major trophies" - so there you go.

1 hour ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

getting a wrong answer scored only one point more Than some right answers. in some cases a wrong answer scored less.if a wrong answer should score a 100 points .I only got one question wrong but 3 people above me in the table got more wrong than me .so that really makes no sense

Ultimately though, you didn't win - and changing the scoring still wouldn't have changed that.  So it doesn't matter.  

It's just a game.

And there's already too much bickering about Google - something we could never police - even if we wanted to.

Penalize wrong answers too heavily, and there's a greater risk of more people using Google.  So pick your poison. 

Edited by Neal M

24 minutes ago, Neal M said:

Originally I intended to only count the ones stated. But when I re-read the way I'd phrased the question it wasn't 100% clear - so to be fair I allowed intertoto and UEFA super cup wins too. 

Steve Nicol did win the "super cup" with Liverpool in 1986, but that wasn't the UEFA Super Cup. It was an English Football League sponsored competition that was designed to boost the finances of clubs who were denied European qualification after Heysel.

Irony of ironies.... The scousers won it.

My mistake, assumed it was the European Supercup just after they won the European Cup in 84.