Team for Udders

On 13/10/2016 at 12:21, Beholder said:

................Fletcher....Joao

Reach......Abdi.......Lee.........Buckley

Pudil......loovens......Hutch....Palmer

.....................Westwood

Interesting. Carlos often throws Joao into games that seem random to us. It could catch Huddersfield unawares. 

Now that Carlos has made it known that FF is struggling with issues, I think we should and we will start several matches without him. Away to dogged but unspectacular league leaders is no place for the lightweight FF we saw v Brighton.

Westy

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Jones

Lee

Reach

Hooper

Fletcher

Bannan on the bench due to 180 minutes of internationals. Chance for Jones to impress. 

People suggesting not playing FF...?

Are you foookin mentalist?

People suggesting playing Jones...?

Which great performance did I miss?

Expensive poor man's Semedo

Needs to step up

Hope he can but unimpressed so far.

Palmer has been much better than Hunt

Better delivery into box is needed from right and neither Hunt nor Wallace seem able to give it

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Now that Carlos has made it known that FF is struggling with issues, I think we should and we will start several matches without him. Away to dogged but unspectacular league leaders is no place for the lightweight FF we saw v Brighton.

Westy

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Jones

Lee

Reach

Hooper

Fletcher

Bannan on the bench due to 180 minutes of internationals. Chance for Jones to impress. 

He also said Hooper hasn't played well , or are we ignoring that?

15 minutes ago, 33 said:

People suggesting not playing FF...?

Are you foookin mentalist?

People suggesting playing Jones...?

Which great performance did I miss?

Expensive poor man's Semedo

Needs to step up

Hope he can but unimpressed so far.

Palmer has been much better than Hunt

Better delivery into box is needed from right and neither Hunt nor Wallace seem able to give it

FF has been bang average since he came back into the fold and could have no complaints if he got the axe - no one is a guaranteed starter and if he isn't performing there are others who can step in.  Reach deserves a chance in his best position, LW.

Jones has barely had a chance to prove himself - was instrumental with Barton in helping get Burnley promoted so can clearly cut it at this level..deserves a run in the side to see what he can do.  Bannan has played a lot recently and not always at his best level..he'd be the one to make way for me.

Neither Palmer or Hunt are the answer, its been done to death but I'd have Palmer for this one as he is better defensively.

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Westy

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Jones

Lee

Reach

Hooper

Fletcher

If Wallace starts Hunt will play I think but other than that looks solid team. 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Not at all. Not at his best so far, but him and Fletcher are the best attack we have, by far.

As you always quote stats.

I don't think Hooper has scored when he has started a game this season.

He has scored 3 coming off the bench , I think.

8 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

As you always quote stats.

I don't think Hooper has scored when he has started a game this season.

He has scored 3 coming off the bench , I think.

Started 5, one goal.

Sub six, 2 goals.

Look, Im not pretending he is Shearer or Owen. But we have this year's best goalscorer in the division, and he has started less than half our matches.

If we had a strong contender for the starting shirt then maybe (????) you could argue not starting Hooper, but we dont. FF doesnt score as a striker even when he is on form, let alone now he is in a dodgy spell. Are you really going to start Joao or Nuhiu rather than Hooper? Or play one up front? Surely we are better than that?

As I said in another thread if Carlos is going to set us up to play as we have so far this season it doesn't matter who starts up front as their major task will be chasing defenders around on the halfway line for 60 mins.

I am not ante Hooper, I just don't think that is a good use of talents. Rather have on the pitch for the last 30 mins. I saw him at Burton , Blackburn and against Bristol at home getting subbed without having a shot.

And yes , I would start FF or Joao ahead of him if it meant Hooper was on and fit for the last 30.

The team will be whether you like it or not;

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Hutchinson

Pudil

Wallace

Lee

Jones

Bannon

FF

Fletcher

Personally,  I would have Hutch in DM and Loovens at the back.  Possibly Buckley in on the right to give us pace on the counter.  If Joao is fit, I would like to see him being introduced in the second to really stretch them.

I think tomorrow is a 1-1 game.

I think over the course of the season playing 4-4-2 will be our weakness

It means we get outnumbered centrally - and that will be a difficult deficit to overcome over the course of the amount of games we have to play

We have some very good players but we have to find a formation that fits them in - and doesn't expose us numerically

What do you think would be best for us, Scram? 

I'm thinking something along the lines of a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation? 

Would offer us a solid base defensively and hopefully get the best out of players like Abdi, FF etc. 

Easy saying that sat here on my sofa though lol