Team for Udders

I don't know as I am not a stats man but I would guess most of the goals have come late in games when Carlos has decided we might as well attack for a bit.

You could certainly make an argument for saving Hooper for the last half hour blitz as we did with Nuhiu and Joao last season rather than letting him waste his energy first half chasing defenders about on the half way line

58 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I don't know as I am not a stats man but I would guess most of the goals have come late in games when Carlos has decided we might as well attack for a bit.

You could certainly make an argument for saving Hooper for the last half hour blitz as we did with Nuhiu and Joao last season rather than letting him waste his energy first half chasing defenders about on the half way line

you dont think the late goals may be down to the other sides being clapped out  by chasing the ball for most of the game ........nearly every game we have over 60%possesion thats a lot of running about for the opposites .

Westwood

Palmer Lees Hutchinson pudil

Bannan jones lee reach

Fessi

Fletcher

Or buckley on right but maybe keep it tight away Then get buckley on for jones/bannan, hooper on for pudil, joao on for fletch.

Think wallace will play and get subbed too late as ever after another ineffectual show

39 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you dont think the late goals may be down to the other sides being clapped out  by chasing the ball for most of the game ........nearly every game we have over 60%possesion thats a lot of running about for the opposites .

I am sure some of it is down to us trying to keep possession and tire the opposition out but as we saw against Brighton you cannot give good sides an opportunity to boss the game

We don't play the same way first half and second half which is fine if you don't concede but if we decide to play a lot in our own half any mistakes can be costly.

We have a talented squad and I would like to see us go at teams a bit more from the start

On 12 October 2016 at 17:11, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood

Hunt Lees Hutchinson Pudil

Wallace Jones Lee Reach

Forestieri Fletcher

Subs:

Dawson, Palmer, Bannan, Abdi, Loovens, Joao, Hooper

I'd bring Buckley in for Wallace, apart from that, that's what I would go for.

I really think Bannan needs to drop out for a bit. 

I'm not optmistic for this game at all. Think we will get beaten comfortably. Things are just not right this season so far, hope I am wrong! 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Stainless1983 said:

Its because he's a lazy poo. Rather have his goal threat for the last 20mins when he can be bothered.

Spot on.  Hooper starts at home and on the bench away.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Loughboro' Owl said:

Westwood

Hutchinson Lees Loovens Pudil

Lee Bannan

Forestieri Abdi Reach

Fletcher

SUBS: Jones, Hooper, Palmer, Dawson, Wallace, Buckley, Nuhiu

This would be my team too but Carlos will never play it!

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I am sure some of it is down to us trying to keep possession and tire the opposition out but as we saw against Brighton you cannot give good sides an opportunity to boss the game

We don't play the same way first half and second half which is fine if you don't concede but if we decide to play a lot in our own half any mistakes can be costly.

We have a talented squad and I would like to see us go at teams a bit more from the start

Totally agree. 

We we have gone from slow, steady starts, to slow, poor starts. We are better than that. 

12 hours ago, Stainless1983 said:

Its because he's a lazy poo. Rather have his goal threat for the last 20mins when he can be bothered.

Too true.

When he chased that lost cause against Cardiff for our second goal, when his quick free kick and 70 yards sprint at Birmingham and still maintained composure to slot past the goalie, when he chased down Villa's goalie on the opening day which caused the miss-kick leading to our goal...lazy poo.

Away from home against a strong attacking team in form I think we have to strengthen midfield.

Carlos has to change it up away from home. Teams are starting to work us out.

Bannan has played twice for Scotland so give him a rest and put Hutch in front of back 4 so the full backs have a licence to get forward and he can cover.

4-3-3 going forward

4-5-1 when defending

Westwood

Hunt - Lees - Loovens - Reach

Hutchinson

Lee              Abdi

Wallace                  Forestieri

Fletcher 

This team wins!

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Too true.

When he chased that lost cause against Cardiff for our second goal, when his quick free kick and 70 yards sprint at Birmingham and still maintained composure to slot past the goalie, when he chased down Villa's goalie on the opening day which caused the miss-kick leading to our goal...lazy poo.

I'm trying to understand your point?! He is lazy when he starts and I'm pretty sure most fans agree.

Occasionally he will start well but then fades quickly & appears to give up. When he comes on as a sub he is completely different & tries to the end, therefore I'd rather see us utilise him at his best. 

No one doubts his goal scoring ability which is probably one of the best in the country. But  there's a reason he got released by Norwich & a Premiership team didn't snap him up. 

If you only watch the highlights then any player looks good, that is true. Try watching the rest of the time he's on the pitch & you'll see.

10 minutes ago, Stainless1983 said:

I'm trying to understand your point?! He is lazy when he starts and I'm pretty sure most fans agree.

Occasionally he will start well but then fades quickly & appears to give up. When he comes on as a sub he is completely different & tries to the end, therefore I'd rather see us utilise him at his best. 

No one doubts his goal scoring ability which is probably one of the best in the country. But  there's a reason he got released by Norwich & a Premiership team didn't snap him up. 

If you only watch the highlights then any player looks good, that is true. Try watching the rest of the time he's on the pitch & you'll see.

You see lazy. I see a very clever and wholehearted player. 

I also see that that he scores one in two, and that without him on the field we struggle to score anywhere near the amount of goals that will get us promoted.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

You see lazy. I see a very clever and wholehearted player. 

I also see that that he scores one in two, and that without him on the field we struggle to score anywhere near the amount of goals that will get us promoted.

I appreciate his finishing and his link up play.

However he struggles to last 90 mins. 

As a team we create a lot more chances in the last 30 mins than we do in the first 60 and he will definitely have more chances to score late in the game

He started against Blackburn and Bristol and we didn't create a chance for him. Don't think he had a shot before going off. Don't blame him for this, it is the way we play for the first part of games.

It was similar for FF against Brighton.

Came off the bench against Brum and Brighton and scored

I would prefer Carlos to be more positive earlier but without that I would like a fresh Hooper last 30 mins

On 10/12/2016 at 17:17, s6 owl said:

Westwood

palmer lees hutch pudil

forestieri jones lee reach

hooper fletcher 

that'll do for me with wallace & bannon on as subs in 75th minute as we protect a 1-0 lead..............

Long time reader, (almost) first time poster...

Jones & Abdi need to start playing.   Otherwise why spend the combined 5-6m?  

I'd like to see them utilised in a more compact diamond midfield (or 433 depending on how you look at it) for a tough away game like this, with Hunt and Reach providing the width down the flanks and Hooper as the super sub.

Westwood

Hunt     Lees    Hutch     Reach

Jones

Lee                    Bannan

Abdi

Fletcher   Forestieri

(gk)fredwestwouldnt

(rb)Robert palmer away from home....

cb) TOM LEES,,,HE WILL HAVE A NEW LEES OF LIFE SOON..STICK WITH HIM

CB) Glenn ,we need you to be the grown up glen,,take back your height from lee glen.

lb) REACHAROUND.. pudil iS off form the moment,our full backs under Carlos give us the width,and REACH IS LOVELY TO HAVE PURRING DOWN THE LEFT,UP AND DOWN

DM-jONES,Bannan will need a dan peRESTu So let give thi man the enforcer role away from home..Like a seroid 

cm-Little lee the wonder boy,hiS eyes tight and NARROW,THE BACKBEAT HARD TO MASTER.

on the right,,,,Like to see Carlos try buckley,but wallace despite being on the right,provided by far the most assists last season..PLAY THE ONE ON FORM

LEFT the forest,,,,Plays better when going forward from deeper

abdi---AMC....GIve him the role he needs,with two behind him....He clearly has talent,and i want to see it

-Big man up top,FLETCHERNATOR

gOOD AWAY MIGHT BE TOO DEFENSE AT HOME

Edited by adamwestsleftear

On 13/10/2016 at 18:57, Costello 77 said:

Not just Wallace, tho he's the worst culprit. Why don't/can't our players WHIP a cross in? These popped/ floaty ones are a defenders dream. There has to be pace in this phase.

Reach and Buckley, are they plan A or plan B??

:manager: