Team for Udders

27 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i dont see anything wrong with wallace's form and i think forestieri is a better player than reach , admitted he isnt playing at his best but i havnt seen anything from reach so far to say he's a better bet than FF.

I see a lot wrong with Wallace's form! Too slow and he plays far too narrow for a winger. 

Huddersfield has been very successful using that Klopp-esque pressing style, which means they will press hard after losing the ball and attack vertically and centrally. We need to have players on the field who can really handle the ball under pressure and make sure that we have a DM in front of the back four.

I'd guess a 4-5-1 looking setup with jones slightly behind Lee and Baz, reach and Wallace (or Buckley) outside, and Fernando slotting in behind fletch.

edit: they will likely play a high line, so maybe 2 up top including someone with wheels (FF or Joao) looking to get behind them on balls over the top.

Edited by Blame Harkes

19 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I see a lot wrong with Wallace's form! Too slow and he plays far too narrow for a winger. 

In total agreement. Wallace has never provided sufficient cover for the right back either & is half hearted in his challenges. Last year his goals & crossing made up for it. 

But this year he looks slow & missing in most games. He's never out wide too but maybe that is down to Carlos? 

Reach on on the other hand has looked a big threat & puts in some good balls. Disappointingly his worst game for us was actually on the left mid but after playing several times at left back it will take a couple of games for him to settle.

4 minutes ago, Blame Harkes said:

I'd guess a 4-5-1 looking setup with jones slightly behind Lee and Baz, reach and Wallace (or Buckley) outside, and Fernando slotting in behind fletch.

That leaves us with 3 defenders though! To be fair it's so hard to pick a team these days. It's great to have so many options.

One big problem we have is that we have 13 games before Jan and 8 of them are away,

Since Hutch dropped into defence and Lopez not returned our midfield needs Jones in on away games,

You got to work around him on these games and fit the formation where fits around him, he's the only player who will be in simialr vien to Hutch Lopez which proved pivotal at points last yr, 

I was hoping Abdi would show more fight - Not that I don't like him yet cos I aint seen enough but he doesn't grab hold of the game in the way Watford fans told us he would,

That being said Watford fans told us Martin Taylor was a class defender when I have seen milk turn quicker,

Same team as Brentford with Reach in for Joao and move FF in behind Fletch like one post earlier said lookin to break a high line from Udders,

If we play well we have the beating of teams like this but I worry players like Abdi and Reach are not firing enough yet to be big away game ready,

That being said I think we need to set Blackburn as a benchmark (and hopefully this weekend- Udds) and them 8 away games can show some return,

Bigger picture is to get to the new year less ten points from the top (at worse case), Like I said 8/13 away is a big deal for us to get thru and the realism is to get through these in the style & manner of Blackburn,

1 hour ago, Blame Harkes said:

Huddersfield has been very successful using that Klopp-esque pressing style, which means they will press hard after losing the ball and attack vertically and centrally. We need to have players on the field who can really handle the ball under pressure and make sure that we have a DM in front of the back four.

edit: they will likely play a high line, so maybe 2 up top including someone with wheels (FF or Joao) looking to get behind them on balls over the top.

You do realise that Jones, Bannan, Lee, Reach & Wallace (or Buckley) equals 5 players?

Therefore you couldn't then have Forestieri and Fletcher as you'd have too many players on the pitch.

3 hours ago, Dave78 said:

i think he plays narrow because carlos tell him to .....you dont rate him then fair enough but he keeps getting picked so carlos must trust him to follow the plan that  rightly or wrongly he wants to play .

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i think he plays narrow because carlos tell him to .....you dont rate him then fair enough but he keeps getting picked so carlos must trust him to follow the plan that  rightly or wrongly he wants to play .

Yeah he probably does tell him to. I thought Wallace played well last season, but i think we need better than him on the right to challenge for promotion.

Having said that, i thought he played well on the left against Bristol City!     

1 hour ago, Stainless1983 said:

You do realise that Jones, Bannan, Lee, Reach & Wallace (or Buckley) equals 5 players?

Therefore you couldn't then have Forestieri and Fletcher as you'd have too many players on the pitch.

yeah...I noted my mistake in the post after. Too early for my brain to do math.

18 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Yeah he probably does tell him to. I thought Wallace played well last season, but i think we need better than him on the right to challenge for promotion.

Having said that, i thought he played well on the left against Bristol City!     

It's the only decent game he's had this season when he switched to the left. He could suddenly deliver a decent cross & got involved.

I feel Wallace is getting games based on training & last season but in the games he's ineffectual. I hope Carlos isn't too scared of dropping a favourite of his to give someone else a chance.

If he was ever fit I'd much rather see Matias out on the right. At least he'd run at players.

5 in midfield to keep the shop shut, give them respect.

- - - - - - Fletcher- - - - - - -

Bannan-Abdi-Lee-Buckley

- - - - - - -Jones- - - - - - - -

Pudil-Hutch-Lees-Palmer

- - - - Westwood - - - - - - - 

Keep the game tight, the we have several aces up our sleeve to completely look like a different team 2nd half.

Buckley off Forestieri on

Abdi to RM

Jones off Hooper on 

Bannan off Reach on.

This type of style worked for us soo well last season, it was like playing 2 completely different teams/styles each half

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Half of you want to drop Hooper, the only player to have scored more than one goal in our last 18 aways.

He has scored 7.

Teams without a goal threat away from home lose more often than not. 

This is the dilemma, do you drop Fletcher?

Do you start Hooper and Fletcher?

Is our central midfield strong enough to carry 2 forwards?

36 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Half of you want to drop Hooper, the only player to have scored more than one goal in our last 18 aways.

He has scored 7.

Teams without a goal threat away from home lose more often than not. 

Its because he's a lazy poo. Rather have his goal threat for the last 20mins when he can be bothered.