Fixtures

Tough period coming up given our away form.

5 of the next 7 games away

8 of the 13 games remaining in this calendar year are away

Will be tough to maintain our league position never mind improve it. Just hope we can build on the Blackburn result.

29 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Tough period coming up given our away form.

5 of the next 7 games away

8 of the 13 games remaining in this calendar year are away

Will be tough to maintain our league position never mind improve it. Just hope we can build on the Blackburn result.

only league position that matters is the one after 46 games ......

17 minutes ago, torryowl said:

only league position that matters is the one after 46 games ......

True of course, but I do think Carlos will be having a few sleepless nights during this spell of aways. If we do only modestly in the next 5 aways we fall off the pace and down the league.

2 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I always worry about us when we're away. Maybe we might improve a bit if we play 4-5-1 with Fletcher on his own.

Fletcher and Hooper should definitely start at home though.

I posted a couple of weeks back, that of our last 15 away goals...

Hooper has 7 

Wallace 2 (if you let me give him the Bristol free kick)

Nobody else more than 1

No Hooper = too little goal threat and we dont keep the ball up front.

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I posted a couple of weeks back, that of our last 15 away goals...

Hooper has 7 

Wallace 2 (if you let me give him the Bristol free kick)

Nobody else more than 1

No Hooper = too little goal threat and we dont keep the ball up front.

Good point. I just thought if we did play one up front, Fletcher would be the best striker in that system. 

I'm happy for us to play Fletcher and Hooper away if we switch to a diamond or play Jones with Lee.

1 hour ago, ViolaOwls said:

look at it this way, less time spent at Hillsborough in the run up to xmas means you will save more money to spend in our club shop..........arrrrrrr but now I see a floor to that

They have a floor in the club shop ??????????????

Whey hey, we're going places at last. When are the walls and ceiling being installed? Anyone know ? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, ViolaOwls said:

look at it this way, less time spent at Hillsborough in the run up to xmas means you will save more money to spend in our club shop..........arrrrrrr but now I see a floor to that

Let's hope there is indeed a "floor" - otherwise people will fall through to the basement! .... or did you mean "flaw"????

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

True of course, but I do think Carlos will be having a few sleepless nights during this spell of aways. If we do only modestly in the next 5 aways we fall off the pace and down the league.

i guarantee we'll play 23 at home and 23 away and if we are good enough we'll be in contention and if arnt we wont .....what order you play em in isnt important or make a scrap of difference to how many points you finish with .

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

bearing in mind the next 13 is nearly a third of the season...i would strongly disagree!!

so we'll have played 24 games with 22 still to play ......what bearing does the position we are in then make any difference to where we finish ......we could be in 3rd place but 10 points behind 2nd or we could be in 11th but only 4 points behind 2nd ..........all you can do is play 46 and see where you finish .

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

so we'll have played 24 games with 22 still to play ......what bearing does the position we are in then make any difference to where we finish ......we could be in 3rd place but 10 points behind 2nd or we could be in 11th but only 4 points behind 2nd ..........all you can do is play 46 and see where you finish .

The fact of the matter is if we don't win any of the games identified within the next 13 (8 away and our away form isn't the best) its a very fair and reasonable to say that it will have a significant bearing on where we will finish in the league. The more points on the board...higher up we finish. If we don't pick up points in the next 13...the lower we will finish....simple logic and simple maths.

Just to add to this...every teams position in the league is based on points won/gained. The less you gain the harder it is to finish higher up the league. 

Edited by Wednesday_Jack