Bakers Dozen

10 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Sorry Glynnb , that was WWI , scuttled and sunk in battle of Falkland Isles 1914

Don't want to be a pedant but re-built and re-launched in 1936 the Gneisenau and Scharnhorst operated together for much of the early portion of World War II, de-commissioned in 1942 after the infamous "daylight dash up the channel" and an RAF raid on Kiel, it was sunk finally in 1945 as a blockship in Poland.

21 minutes ago, glynnb said:

Don't want to be a pedant but re-built and re-launched in 1936 the Gneisenau and Scharnhorst operated together for much of the early portion of World War II, de-commissioned in 1942 after the infamous "daylight dash up the channel" and an RAF raid on Kiel, it was sunk finally in 1945 as a blockship in Poland.

Apologies , thought she was called the "Ersatz Gneisenau" , or was that the class of ship. Ah well , I'll let someone else go next , y'all must be sick of my choice of topic. Number 12 we're at.

4 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Apologies , thought she was called the "Ersatz Gneisenau" , or was that the class of ship. Ah well , I'll let someone else go next , y'all must be sick of my choice of topic. Number 12 we're at.

No worries mate  crack on