A close shave!

2 hours ago, RichieB said:

By the way this was done to raise money for Hayley and her fight against cancer. 

So if every fan on here chucked £1 per player that had it done, the fund would jump up by quite a few quid

got to be  worth £20 each lads, this cold put te fund over what is needed

any money left over to go to Mcmillan ???

Ill probably get negged for this but it upsets me that a club who was willing to spend £5m on one player this season cant donate the extra 87k that she needs to reach (no pun intended) the required 250k target. Isn't her husband a fitness coach at the club? Sorry, maybe im just been disrespectful but donating £500 when you're earning 10k+ a week is pathetic in my view. I have been donating what I can to hayleys cause but these players earn salary in about 3 weeks. Maybe it's a case of the club can't start doing that sort of thing cause then it sets a precedent that could become an issue but it just seems so unfair when know how much money the club wastes on players who spend most their time on their backsides. 

18 minutes ago, poite said:

Ill probably get negged for this but it upsets me that a club who was willing to spend £5m on one player this season cant donate the extra 87k that she needs to reach (no pun intended) the required 250k target. Isn't her husband a fitness coach at the club? Sorry, maybe im just been disrespectful but donating £500 when you're earning 10k+ a week is pathetic in my view. I have been donating what I can to hayleys cause but these players earn salary in about 3 weeks. Maybe it's a case of the club can't start doing that sort of thing cause then it sets a precedent that could become an issue but it just seems so unfair when know how much money the club wastes on players who spend most their time on their backsides. 

If her husband wasn't part of this football club, and the industry in general, she'd barely have anything. I get what you're saying, but she can't have any complaints about it at all. 

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If her husband wasn't part of this football club, and the industry in general, she'd barely have anything. I get what you're saying, but she can't have any complaints about it at all. 

Totally agree with. Certainly not a complaint 

12 hours ago, poite said:

What upsets me more is the fact people with these very unfortunate illness' are left with two options.  Raise a staggering amount of money or face the inevitable.  

Before pointing the finger at any Football club or Player I'd be questioning how this can happen when "The NHS is the envy of the world" as stated by various MP's.

fantastic gesture from the two guys who had their heads shaved. Also great to see the camaraderie between the players and the staff. Anyone else slightly surprised to see McGugan make an appearance? Must be weird for him to still interact with all the first team squad every day and not even have a number!

Can someone post the link to Hayley's just giving page please? I'd like to make a donation. 

Edited by s110wl
tWo

I'm currently fighting my own battle and am a few weeks from surgery for a rare cancer called Gist!

ive spoken to Hayley a couple of times and she's really nice and would love her to get the funds needed.

I'd love it if Lee Bullen took on my challenge below and all the players donated to Hayley! It would also help raise awareness for Gist and promote a challenge that is helping raise funds for grassroots football!! Anybody who knows Lee or anybody in the club who can sort this let me know