Returning Owls fan wants to find a good boozer

DGOwl

8 hours ago, DGOwl said:

Fellow Owls, this is no doubt the wrong place to post this and I'm sure abuse will follow but I moved away from Sheffield years ago and haven't made it back for a game since I was a was playing Sunday league with a Reggie Blinker Shirt on. Anyway I am older and wiser now and coming to watch the blue and white wizards give Brighton a thumping (3-1 is my prediction, Fletch with 2 and Hooper with 1) and I'm looking for somewhere to go for a few bevvies pre-match. Where's best for booze, banter and a cheeky bag or pork scratchings near the ground, I am open to visiting a few so maybe give me the best 5?! Anyway, big up the owls and thanks in advance for any help! 

The simple and obvious answer is to travel in Luxury with the famous Rotherham Owls, park your car in the generous car park at The Silverwood Miners Club (The Baggin) in Dalton  enjoy a drink in the wonderful and beautiful sedate surroundings which the club has to offer, before boarding the coach at 14:00 hrs arriving refreshed at Hillsborough for 14:45hrs, refreshments are served by our beautiful hostess on the way, nothing is too much trouble for her. 

Numerous drop off points along the way getting back to the Silverwood Miners Club for 17:45 hr, the last drop is at The Joker pub in Bramley.  Which with its vibrant cliental is an ideal venue to unwind after the days proceedings.

Guest The Claw
20 minutes ago, Holmes said:

The simple and obvious answer is to travel in Luxury with the famous Rotherham Owls, park your car in the generous car park at The Silverwood Miners Club (The Baggin) in Dalton  enjoy a drink in the wonderful and beautiful sedate surroundings which the club has to offer, before boarding the coach at 14:00 hrs arriving refreshed at Hillsborough for 14:45hrs, refreshments are served by our beautiful hostess on the way, nothing is too much trouble for her. 

Numerous drop off points along the way getting back to the Silverwood Miners Club for 17:45 hr, the last drop is at The Joker pub in Bramley.  Which with its vibrant cliental is an ideal venue to unwind after the days proceedings.

would that be parva or magna

6 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

American style IPA by Beavertown Brewery. Comes in a can in the New Barrack. Bit hipster, but so good.

Its a bit expensive but worth it,  Beavertown  Brewery is owned by Robert Plants  son. Lovely beers

4 hours ago, eddie1973 said:

Does the New Barrack do a full food menu before home games?? Been in a few times before games (great choice of beer) but never noticed anyone eating

They serve baguettes and chips, pies, burgers etc... 

I had the chilli once, but it blew my bloody head off! Not sure if it's always like that or someone had slipped with the chilli powder that day!

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 18:07, Holmes said:

A reight f.ookin 'oil.