Fair play to Carlos

15 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

What has that got to do with owt? He's made a perfectly fine statement, regardless of the performance, what he states is correct!

yeah! but in the post before that he negs fpowl who looks from his post as though he did go, and gave his honest appraisal of the performance on the night...

it's like listening to 'praise or grumble', 'i didn't go, but we were great or shyte'...

i always say 'GERROFF THEN'...

15 hours ago, 114mphAndRising said:

3 points is 3 points. End of.

no it's not the 'end of', it's a good return, but the overall view has to be to score more in our games, good to see we kept a clean sheet, but we really need to start being more ruthless up top...

we really need to start supplying our front men with better and more quality ball, and putting them away...

15 hours ago, Warnocchio said:

All true. We havent really got the pace to counter attack without FF on the pitch though. 

and that was apparent when the signings were made this closed and early season, NO COUNTER ATTACKING THREAT...

it allows sides to attack you in numbers without repercussions for them...

31 minutes ago, dnhc said:

and that was apparent when the signings were made this closed and early season, NO COUNTER ATTACKING THREAT...

Thats why it was always good to have Helan and Joao on the bench

He didnt ryn with the ball tonight that i can remeber. BUT.....Twice in the first half he made really dangerous runs in behind. We were that obsessed with posession that he wasnt played in.Hope he doesnt stop making them.

one of our failings, i think we've some very shortsighted players...

either that or we've become accustomed to playing 10/15 yard balls that we don't look for the opening anymore...

of course if buckley keeps making those runs and not getting the ball, he WILL chalk f*** on it...

He didnt ryn with the ball tonight that i can remeber. BUT.....Twice in the first half he made really dangerous runs in behind. We were that obsessed with posession that he wasnt played in.Hope he doesnt stop making them.

either that or we've become accustomed to playing 10/15 yard balls that we don't look for the opening anymore...

of course if buckley keeps making those runs and not getting the ball, he WILL chalk f*** on it...

30 minutes ago, dnhc said:

Just remind me how many times you've seen Buckley play and how you know what his attitude is like... you could perhaps let CC know...if he's here after the next few days of course lol 

32 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i think we need better...

joao hasn't 'come on' to what we had expected and hoped for... 

Yes I'd hoped he'd be further down the line, Matias too, but I'm still optimistic that they'll turn out OK. Be good to have them fit and on the bench

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Just remind me how many times you've seen Buckley play and how you know what his attitude is like... you could perhaps let CC know...if he's here after the next few days of course lol 

it's virtually obvious to 'anyone with a brain in their head' that anyone who keeps going to the trouble of making a run and no one ever picks up on it will jack it in after a while, it would be 'utterly stupid' not to...

although i can why you wouldn't see that...

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes I'd hoped he'd be further down the line, Matias too, but I'm still optimistic that they'll turn out OK. Be good to have them fit and on the bench

as you will know there's more to a footballer than just ability...

attitude is a major player, and how you as an individual react to adverse situations is often critical...

not in the side?

then force your way in, or chalk f*** on it?

the choice is yours...

my take is we didnt play well as an attacking unit in the second half  and got in a mindset of holding what we had which we did quite comfortably .......i havnt heard carlos's interview but i'd guess in private he'd be disappointed how we played coz i cant believe he told them that when we have the ball around 30 yards out make sure that it ends up back with westwood .

I was at the game, I was also at Birmingham where we threw 3 points away by being too open after we had scored.

Blackburn were decent in possession but lacked a cutting edge. Yep, I was worried we would let them off the hook by not getting a second but we need to appreciate the 3 points.

We are a very well organised team/squad. Jones and Buckley came in and did the jobs asked of them very well. Players and staff working their socks off.

No game in this league is easy, great 3 points.

11 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I was at the game, I was also at Birmingham where we threw 3 points away by being too open after we had scored.

Blackburn were decent in possession but lacked a cutting edge. Yep, I was worried we would let them off the hook by not getting a second but we need to appreciate the 3 points.

We are a very well organised team/squad. Jones and Buckley came in and did the jobs asked of them very well. Players and staff working their socks off.

No game in this league is easy, great 3 points.

correct with no easy games...

but i'd like to see us carry more threat when we're up by one...

i for one would rather go for the 'dangerous' two goal type...