Fair play to Carlos

He made a big deal of not wanting to grind out wins away from home, stating he didn't want to shut up shop. But it appears he has had a much needed re think on that.

Whilst we want to get goals on the road, we certainly needed to tighten things up so it's refreshing to see the manager change his ideas and adapt to the nature of this league.

Think what the last 2 away games have shown is that it's sometime soon a case of "horses for courses," and you can't always play that expansive style of football that Carlos like.

It may even be the case that we have to pick a different line up for away games to make us a bit more solid.

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He made a big deal of not wanting to grind out wins away from home, stating he didn't want to shut up shop. But it appears he has had a much needed re think on that.

Whilst we want to get goals on the road, we certainly needed to tighten things up so it's refreshing to see the manager change his ideas and adapt to the nature of this league.

We had two forwards on all night. That is really important. We have to have a goal threat, and the ability to keep the ball up the field.

That wasn't grinding nothing out it lacked ambition every time we got the ball we looked to go back now I'm all for not going all out attack ever game and leaving us exposed but we played most of our possession in and around our own box. It would be interesting to see how many touches Westwood had compared to say Buckley hooper etc. We could have applied more pressure and killed that game off

A 1-0 win away in the Championship vs a side coming off a great result is more than acceptable. After 10 games we are right in the mix again and that is thanks to Carlos.

We are building up some momentum now and a clean sheet is a real confidence boost to the team. Onwards!

7 minutes ago, nilnil said:

A 1-0 win away in the Championship vs a side coming off a great result is more than acceptable. After 10 games we are right in the mix again and that is thanks to Carlos.

We are building up some momentum now and a clean sheet is a real confidence boost to the team. Onwards!

Did you go? 

4 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

What has that got to do with owt? He's made a perfectly fine statement, regardless of the performance, what he states is correct!

Look at my statement in the official thread. I doubt not that 3 points is 3 points and all is good but we did not grind out three points we played a poor Blackburn side and at many times during that game we could have played forward without compromising our defensive duties instead we played backwards and invited unesesary pressure. That being the point against a more positive side we don't get the three points. The point being three points is great but that approach to the game is far from griding out a result it was playing with fire. And my point being is if you would have sat and WA chef the whole game you would understand my point. 

31 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I don't think you can class this one as a ground out result, looking at the stats?

http://www.sofascore.com/blackburn-rovers-sheffield-wednesday/msW

I meant more in the sense of keeping it tight and taking the sting out of things, which is something we didn't do against Burton and Birmingham. But it's good that we can still attack, failing to get the second is always risky as we nearly found out.