New SWFC stadium wishlist

people  think parkings crap at Hillsborough, i beg to differ.

we have loads of llittle streets dotted about everywhere, all pointing in different directions, as well as quite a few private pay car parks not to mention the Wednesdayite option.. much rather this than these massive car parks next to a ground that has one entrance in/out and takes AGES. 

Hillsborough park right outside the front door, great pre game, after game if you have kids., OITP and fireworks displays, we take it for granted but having the ground next to it is ace.

South stand and North stand are great, iconic and look great as they are, yes the north could be built up from the back but as a stand to watch the game, awesome.

so its only behind the two goals that need major work. but its fair to say if the kop didnt have two big pillars in the way no-one would moan about it. i love the kop. i mean, for a one tiered stand behind a goal its massive. didnt it hold 22000 when all standing? then down to 11k when all seated? prob' not 11k now with the extra disabled bit in there and some front rows being taken out. but still.

yes the away end and birds nest needs doing but thats cool, gives us something to look forward to doesnt it, must be boring having a bowl thats 'forever finished' the first day its built.. old stadiums change and evolve, i very much look forward to the next evolvement of the BEAUTIFUL Hillsborough.

my lads 13 and been a season ticket holder for 4 or 5 years. young uns dont know how big a football club SWFC is historically, too much emphasis on the prem, i loved telling him our kop has a similar amount of seats than Bournemouth and Brentfords stadiums! you can see his brain taking it in thinking...woah WTF! 

I also think our kop is the envy of MOST teams, or was a few years ago before all the big expansions. but still is to maybe 75 clubs. 

i dont wanna lose it for some crap new build. 

• Like 1

On 27/09/2016 at 13:21, Ellis Rimmer said:

Just a bit of fun

• Where is it?
  • How big is it?
  • What does it look like?
  • What is it called?

You redevelop Hillsborough, starting with the West Stand.

There was a time when I'd have considered moving to a new standium, but why? Just because everyone else has?

Imagine if West Ham get relegated and they have to spend £2.5 million rent per year on the Olympic Stadium ground in the Championship / League One?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/10/west-ham-landlord-claims-fan-unrest-costing-70000-extra-game/

It also reminds me of Juventus, who redeveloped the old Stade Delle Alpi into a smaller standium, as there was no atmosphere in there ground following the increase in size after the previous redevelopment prior to the 1990 world cup.

I don't think Wednesday need a bigger ground, but the atmosphere could be improved, starting with the West Stand.

• Like 1

Football is about generating income and current Hillsborough stadium does not do this. If you can us stadium for another purpose pop concert boxing match it generates funds. Therefore you need facilities to be able to make this happen. We rarely have Hillsborough used for another activity outside of football this can not be said for other grounds that are poorly situated.

I am tired of hearing about average attendances you do not build a ground for an average attendance or numbers will go down not up. If we were in Premiership there would be six games a year where we would get big crowd and receive big income. If a couple of other Yorkshire clubs were in Premiership at same time you would get over 30,000 for those too. To get an average of 27,000 you may get 35,000 plus for some games if you build a smaller ground it just means you sell out a few more times and that justifies putting price up. If you have larger capacity you can possibly get international matches etc.

If you build for mediocrity that is exactly what you get.

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:07, ozzieowl said:

Not sure if I’ve missed owt. Has it been said we having new stadium??

anyway big plot of land on shepcot lane. Think it’s big enough. Next to M1 which is good but traffic n parking may be a problem. 

B6CA0F5E-C0FD-455E-AD9D-17B268FBA59C.png

That's not a bad call its an enormous piece of land tram goes by and think enough room to have car park /bus park as well as ground.  Perhaps could do a deal with Meadowhall for games re parking if wanted to develop area with other facilities. For those like to park on streets miles of around the area and not blocking drives etc. I actually thought would struggle to find anywhere central but shows its possible.

Went on the stadium tour a few weeks ago and all the way round the e bloke was pointing out things that would need doing immediately if gained promotion. Including a new tunnel and press area. 

I hate to say it but I can't see any other outcome other than a move. The tour guide said Chansiri has seen the World Cup plans and is also considering a site at Carbrook and another site close to M1 J35. 

33 minutes ago, Quist said:

That's not a bad call its an enormous piece of land tram goes by and think enough room to have car park /bus park as well as ground.  Perhaps could do a deal with Meadowhall for games re parking if wanted to develop area with other facilities. For those like to park on streets miles of around the area and not blocking drives etc. I actually thought would struggle to find anywhere central but shows its possible.

Shocking location... no pubs

On 27/09/2016 at 13:31, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why do you think other clubs have built new grounds then? anyway we digress, I want to hear proposals not protests

Because they were complete s hit tips, however Hillsborough isn’t, albeit it’s in need of serious upgrading. SWFC can’t fill the stadium now, and if it could wouldn’t be allowed to do so, so it doesn’t need more seats. Hillsborough isn’t a Main Road, Roker Park or Upton Park, all that is currently required IMO is to redevelop the Leppings Lane end, fill in the corners with something useful, and last but not least build a state of the art training facility close to the ground, that incorporated a well managed academy.

In 1990 for the world student games - Sheffield city council built a sports stadium that was proposed to become a 50,000 seater football stadium for both of the Sheffield then top flight teams to share in the same way clubs in Italy share stadium - team such as AC Milan and inter Milan.

Both Sheffield teams turn this down - roll forward nearly 30 years and both teams have spent 20 of those 30 years near enough outside of the top flight, had both Owls and blades had the same stadium with the potential of increased fan base, cutting up keep costs down the middle and also the money they would have got from selling their existing grounds would both teams have stayed in the premier league and now have similar statue to teams such as Everton or Spurs or Would we both had gone the way of Coventry where the stadium is owned by the local council who charge that high a rates the club cannot afford to play their.

Who knows but I would like to think we would both be in the top division the Owls in the top 6 the blade fighting relegation every season.

• Like 1

Guest Grez Bez

If we move it needs to be in the city centre or Neepsend. Anything around Meadowhall woudl be a travesty.

Gone are the days of sticking a stadium in a field miles away from life. It needs to make money every day.

4 hours ago, VBQ24 said:

Went on the stadium tour a few weeks ago and all the way round the e bloke was pointing out things that would need doing immediately if gained promotion. Including a new tunnel and press area. 

I hate to say it but I can't see any other outcome other than a move. The tour guide said Chansiri has seen the World Cup plans and is also considering a site at Carbrook and another site close to M1 J35. 

Surely if we won promotion it would be far easier, quicker and more cost-effective to do the things that need doing immediately, as opposed to trying to build a whole new stadium somewhere else. I can't see DC getting a stadium approved and built in one summer break...

9 hours ago, Quist said:

Football is about generating income and current Hillsborough stadium does not do this. If you can us stadium for another purpose pop concert boxing match it generates funds. Therefore you need facilities to be able to make this happen. We rarely have Hillsborough used for another activity outside of football this can not be said for other grounds that are poorly situated.

I am tired of hearing about average attendances you do not build a ground for an average attendance or numbers will go down not up. If we were in Premiership there would be six games a year where we would get big crowd and receive big income. If a couple of other Yorkshire clubs were in Premiership at same time you would get over 30,000 for those too. To get an average of 27,000 you may get 35,000 plus for some games if you build a smaller ground it just means you sell out a few more times and that justifies putting price up. If you have larger capacity you can possibly get international matches etc.

If you build for mediocrity that is exactly what you get.

Eloquently put 

Old Arthur Lee site, Woolley Wood Bottom. M1, railway line and a few pubs for Watson. 

Seriously though, would rather a full refurbishment of Hillsborough. Plenty of land around the ground to increase concourse sizes, and bring the ground into the 21st Century. 

Screenshot_20180912-183336.png