New SWFC stadium wishlist

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Good God above!

This has only strengthened my belief that our non match day activities should be built somewhere far from the ground.

I thought it was Alice Cooper at first look, then i realised it was the erm ... lovely talented Chrissie Hynde

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 2

Just now, steveger said:

I think you may be onto something here......

I have seen a large infiltration of ironic flat caps in the last few years.

Before you know it they'll be wanting Kale in the ground and Pete Doherty doing a half time acoustic set.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, steveger said:

Sad but true, some people just don't wanna hear the truth, modern stadia are 7 days a week operations designed to make money from non football and matchday events as well as match-days, our current location hinders that...

As for football only the South Stand is not a mess and aged, but even than inside the concourses looks narrow and starting to look worn

but yeah history and all that ......

plus i hardly go any more so i shouldn't have an opinion

Don't do yourself down mate your opinion is greatly valued by myself and all other fellow Owlstalkers ...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Special appearances by the Owlerton Ghost as the Half-time Flouncer lol

You have been power reading again Nev 

You missed the " flounce build up " 

Had to wait for 25 mins before Steve put another post in so I could pull that gag 

I missed Coronation Street because of that!!

For Flounce Sake ......lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

On 27/09/2016 at 16:44, Highbury Owl said:

Perhaps relocate somewhere a bit further south?

Like, um, Highbury?

Admittedly there is a team already here but they could relocate back to where they came from in sarf London.

Highbury is slightly North of Sheffield.

Dont think Fleetwood would share with us anyway.

• Haha 1

Just before the playoff final I heard from a very reliable source that DC  was about to buy a big plot around the airport site near Tinsley. I've heard no more of it since but it would make sense for access, near motorway etc.

Hate new stadiums and love Hillsboro, but I suspect it will happen one day. 

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

yeah

All those bus stops and tram stops and uber taxis and city taxis close by to Hillsborough are a right nightmare aren't they

This 100%

Non matchday activity would come to s6 if the existing stadium was developed properly. 

It's 3 miles from the city centre, that's nothing, the companies that will spend proper money on non matchday usage will have a lot of people coming from out of town anyway. 

13 hours ago, steveger said:

Sad but true, some people just don't wanna hear the truth, modern stadia are 7 days a week operations designed to make money from non football and matchday events as well as match-days, our current location hinders that...

As for football only the South Stand is not a mess and aged, but even than inside the concourses looks narrow and starting to look worn

but yeah history and all that ......

plus i hardly go any more so i shouldn't have an opinion

13 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

Anyway, so many miss the point. You can stay  misty eyed behind your blue and white specs all you like - the stadium is a million miles away from 

modern 21st century grounds. And ultimately it's location really hurts us as a club. Our non match day revenues are worse than Rotherham FFS - 

because of lack  of facilities AND location/transport links etc. 

IF DC gets us to the premier league and wants us to prosper and become a force in English/European football, it WON'T be at S6 .

Absolutely not true .. Transport links between the train station and Hillsborough are really good. Plenty of buses, there is the tram and you can catch a taxi out there.

Sort out Customer parking as well and then yeah sorted, drive to the ground and park up.

There were some good designs to make Hillsborough a better stadium if England won the rights to host the world cup. It would take some work and money but Hillsborough can be redeveloped using the space available. It can be done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozripW-FDok

although I agree our non-match day revenue is probably poor .. I don't see much in terms of the function rooms being used, the ground hosting local or community events or stuff taking place there. The shop is poor as well but thats been cited for a few years now.

Plenty of opportunities for the club to make money but so far, its not being taken in to account and that area isn't focused on

40 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Absolutely not true .. Transport links between the train station and Hillsborough are really good. Plenty of buses, there is the tram and you can catch a taxi out there.

Sort out Customer parking as well and then yeah sorted, drive to the ground and park up.

There were some good designs to make Hillsborough a better stadium if England won the rights to host the world cup. It would take some work and money but Hillsborough can be redeveloped using the space available. It can be done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozripW-FDok

although I agree our non-match day revenue is probably poor .. I don't see much in terms of the function rooms being used, the ground hosting local or community events or stuff taking place there. The shop is poor as well but thats been cited for a few years now.

Plenty of opportunities for the club to make money but so far, its not being taken in to account and that area isn't focused on

I'm a high flying businessman and I would need a helipad to land there.

I don't do dual carrigeways trams or busses

• Haha 3

On 08/11/2017 at 19:15, Mr. Wednesday said:

Personally I prefer old iconic stadiums over the soulless new stadiums. I reckon it would be best to continue doing up Hillsborough and to modernise it something like the World Cup plans from a few years ago.

Derby, boro, leicester, reading etc all

the chuffin same

On 27/09/2016 at 13:36, Ellis Rimmer said:

Location-Where Sheffield Ski village is/was

18079_ski_village_sheffield_boy_with_whi

Capacity 45k (possible expansion as standard!)

Looks like

h3hiwhkowbqo4iitlbrz.jpg

Name-Steel City Stadium a.k.a Jeff.

All of the scroats would grab a freebie and watch the game from the top of the hill while the rest of us would pay through our noses.