New SWFC stadium wishlist

5 hours ago, S1Owl said:

Just stay at Hillsborough ffs, it's far better than other clubs new stadiums and has history which surely is a good money generator. 

In regards to the History of Hillsborough the Tragedy of the 15th April 1989 disaster has made the name notorious throught the world and tainted the name of SWFC.Sadly, the time is fast approaching ( 10/15 years time ) where moving from Hillsborough may be the best option.If we continue to stay at S6 in the long term without any major redevelopment whatsoever then we'll be seen as a club that still stuck in the past playing in a Stadium that in it's present form has reached the end of it's working life.:tango:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/09/2018 at 21:18, GY-owl.4 said:

people  think parkings crap at Hillsborough, i beg to differ.

we have loads of llittle streets dotted about everywhere, all pointing in different directions, as well as quite a few private pay car parks not to mention the Wednesdayite option.. much rather this than these massive car parks next to a ground that has one entrance in/out and takes AGES. 

Hillsborough park right outside the front door, great pre game, after game if you have kids., OITP and fireworks displays, we take it for granted but having the ground next to it is ace.

South stand and North stand are great, iconic and look great as they are, yes the north could be built up from the back but as a stand to watch the game, awesome.

so its only behind the two goals that need major work. but its fair to say if the kop didnt have two big pillars in the way no-one would moan about it. i love the kop. i mean, for a one tiered stand behind a goal its massive. didnt it hold 22000 when all standing? then down to 11k when all seated? prob' not 11k now with the extra disabled bit in there and some front rows being taken out. but still.

yes the away end and birds nest needs doing but thats cool, gives us something to look forward to doesnt it, must be boring having a bowl thats 'forever finished' the first day its built.. old stadiums change and evolve, i very much look forward to the next evolvement of the BEAUTIFUL Hillsborough.

my lads 13 and been a season ticket holder for 4 or 5 years. young uns dont know how big a football club SWFC is historically, too much emphasis on the prem, i loved telling him our kop has a similar amount of seats than Bournemouth and Brentfords stadiums! you can see his brain taking it in thinking...woah WTF! 

I also think our kop is the envy of MOST teams, or was a few years ago before all the big expansions. but still is to maybe 75 clubs. 

i dont wanna lose it for some crap new build. 

This is a superb post.   WAWAW?

• Like 1

On 09/09/2018 at 13:07, ozzieowl said:

Not sure if I’ve missed owt. Has it been said we having new stadium??

anyway big plot of land on shepcot lane. Think it’s big enough. Next to M1 which is good but traffic n parking may be a problem. 

B6CA0F5E-C0FD-455E-AD9D-17B268FBA59C.png

My dad used to work on that site. It's certainly big enough, but I wonder if the Highways people would be too pleased with the resulting M1 traffic on Saturdays with 25,000 footy fans added to the Saturday shopping traffic.

18 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

Surely if we won promotion it would be far easier, quicker and more cost-effective to do the things that need doing immediately, as opposed to trying to build a whole new stadium somewhere else. I can't see DC getting a stadium approved and built in one summer break...

It'll be a prefab... 

Wasn't suggesting we'd build a new ground in three months, was using this as an example of the amount of work which needs to be undertaken. 

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 13:42, The Dukeries Owl said:

Like there isn't a piece of flat ground available within the city boundaries, so we should spend a fortune digging away an entire hillside. :tango:

yep that would give us as MOUNTAIN of debt lol 

Just watching Everton match, I like Goodison it's a proper ground just like Hillsborough. 

39 thousand in ground and they're a regular prem team.. We can upgrade stadium to 45.000, that's enough, even for Juventus yet we'd keep the history and river/park setting, even Villa upgraded ground n they're in a dodgy area. 

Edited by S1Owl

On 12/09/2018 at 23:57, Groundhopping Owl said:

My dad used to work on that site. It's certainly big enough, but I wonder if the Highways people would be too pleased with the resulting M1 traffic on Saturdays with 25,000 footy fans added to the Saturday shopping traffic.

I posted a link on the previous page which shows this site will shortly be turned into an industrial estate.

Here we are again

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/development-planned-for-former-steelworks-site-1-9262171

Edited by Lincs Owl

25 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I posted a link on the previous page which shows this site will shortly be turned into an industrial estate.

Here we are again

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/development-planned-for-former-steelworks-site-1-9262171

Not much use Lincs we would need at least 60k sq M probably more.

On 12/09/2018 at 22:36, parkfieldowl14 said:

In regards to the History of Hillsborough the Tragedy of the 15th April 1989 disaster has made the name notorious throught the world and tainted the name of SWFC.Sadly, the time is fast approaching ( 10/15 years time ) where moving from Hillsborough may be the best option.If we continue to stay at S6 in the long term without any major redevelopment whatsoever then we'll be seen as a club that still stuck in the past playing in a Stadium that in it's present form has reached the end of it's working life.:tango:

We already are to some extent. My sister once said we are seen as a stuffy club and stuck behind the times. This was 30 years ago, when she was doing regular events at the club (snerk), she knows a lot of football people and she doesn't even like football, never mind Wednesday 

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

We already are to some extent. My sister once said we are seen as a stuffy club and stuck behind the times. This was 30 years ago, when she was doing regular events at the club (snerk), she knows a lot of football people and she doesn't even like football, never mind Wednesday 

Absolutely bang on there with the post.As i've said many a time in regards to the Future of hillsborough,The time is now fast approaching on what decision needs to be made.

• Complete Refurbishment of Hillsborough
  • Relocate to a new site.