A much needed three points..............but

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I think some of our players, notably Lee, Bannan, FF and Hunt, are still going full throttle at the final whistle. Fletcher and Reach were flagging towards the end, though Reach is new to Carlos's regime. 

But I don't think 3 goals in the last 18 first halves, if continued, will lead to promotion. There are only so many finger tip saves and last minute winners we can muster. 

If we really are that fit, surely 90 minutes of tempo rather than 30-45 minutes of tempo will work even more in our favour. 

imo its the passing over the first 70 minutes that wears  the opposites out and yes it would be nice to score early and win in comfort but its not easy to do in this division .while we are a fit team to play a high tempo passing game over 90 minutes takes some doing ......having said that we do make chances in the 1st half that we dont take them is a problem that i dont have an answer for .

4 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Not just that game, but most games, even last year. We are sluggish and don't move the ball around quickly enough; I don't mean passing the ball, just that we are slow to react, we are too nervy and indecisive. I think this is to do with player positioning at movement, sometimes there is little option to pass it backwards or hoof it long, is which case massively increase the chance of turning over possession. For me, the player with the ball should always have at least three options; all the top premiership sides drill this into their development squads - working in triangles.

From what I've seen, we don't attack the ball enough or get under it when I think we were able to. We concede too much space, when we don't have the ball, instead of putting the boot in. We rely too much on wing play resulting in a high cross that generally the keep gets or it overshoots everyone and are simple to defend against anyway. When we get a corner we don't have enough players waiting outside the box waiting for clearances or knockdowns, except Bannan is generally there, but I'd like to see people who can have a pop from distance there too - Wallace, Forestieri, send the big defenders into the box for a corner.

I think we have the makings of a decent team, but there are things that need ironing out quickly. Have to be happy with another 3 points

Good post fella and you make a lot of excellent points that i totally agree with.

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

well i think we pass sides to death and come the last 15 minutes there on there knees and thats when we are most dangerous ....our fitness levels are outstanding and the relentless pressure we can impose towards the end of games is i think a massive part of carlos's plan .

We are certainly very dangerous in the last 10 minutes if a game. You always think we can come back at 1-0 down or grab a winner.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I think some of our players, notably Lee, Bannan, FF and Hunt, are still going full throttle at the final whistle. Fletcher and Reach were flagging towards the end, though Reach is new to Carlos's regime. 

But I don't think 3 goals in the last 18 first halves, if continued, will lead to promotion. There are only so many finger tip saves and last minute winners we can muster. 

If we really are that fit, surely 90 minutes of tempo rather than 30-45 minutes of tempo will work even more in our favour. 

Agree with this. We must work at getting the pace of the game up earlier and prefably be the side to take the lead.