A much needed three points..............but

Interesting. I listened to the game on radio notts as live down this way and had kid sitting duties today. Brian laws was on commentary as he sometimes is for us. 

Weird listening to the away commentary as their goal was pure class, may have taken a wee deflection but was going in any way !!  To be fair Brian wasn't too complimentary about us and said last 20 we were all over the place, good players 'just making it up '. There was no plan. Forest didn't deserve to lose and we were lucky. That how it was ? 

3 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

I agree Vulva. We have gotten away with it a few times this season. I personally think that Carlos needs to mix up our style of play a bit, because at times we are becoming a bit too predictable.

Thing is, we are not used to having teams coming to S6, playing 1 up front and having to break them down. We've been easy for years, and now the tables have turned. We've recruited extremely well, but the players, as well as the fans, need to get mentally adjusted to the fact we are a big player in this league, and teams are giving us loads of respect. 

It's a different type of football that is required. More patience. Still think we have 1 too many flair players in the side. 

5 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

This applies week after week. If there was a league table plotted of yards advanced against passes made we would be rock bottom by a mile.

Very true and i'm pleased that i'n not the only one who's noticed. Good passing is fine and lots of passes are fine, but they have to amount to something and advance your position.

6 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

Thing is Hazza, we all know that in this league, you can beat a top side and then lose to Rotherham, like last season. I think that is where we can improve. Beat more of the top and bottom sides this season.

Agree with you mate...my post was aimed at vulva who said we aren't capable of play offs because we have only beaten bottom half teams

Just now, torryowl said:

he's a good player but i cant see he'll ever be the 1st name in carlos's midfield certainly not while lee is here

I just can't see us playing £2m for a player, on Premier League wages, to sit on the bench. The form of Lee has thrown a spanner in the works. I think Jones was brought in to replace him. And I'm Lee's biggest fan btw. 

3 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Interesting. I listened to the game on radio notts as live down this way and had kid sitting duties today. Brian laws was on commentary as he sometimes is for us. 

Weird listening to the away commentary as their goal was pure class, may have taken a wee deflection but was going in any way !!  To be fair Brian wasn't too complimentary about us and said last 20 we were all over the place, good players 'just making it up '. There was no plan. Forest didn't deserve to lose and we were lucky. That how it was ? 

At times we do look disjointed and in many respects no one deserved to win, but if anyone did, then it was us. We aren;t amking the most of our talent pool, because i think the formation is wrong and the instructions to the players can be negative at times. I think so far we have seen a team that is reacting to a slow start, going one nil down, instead of a team that looks in control of affairs. It was perhaps a bit harsh of Laws to say that, but there is some truth in it, definitely.

In this league other teams will always know your weaknesses and plan to play on them.

Especially things like set pieces.

Last years promoted teams, especially Burnley, were the ones with fewer weaknesses. 

We we need to be more clinical, missing too many chances, we could have been out of sight most games.

We are OK against teams like Norwich, passing teams, but need to show we can stand up to the Birmingham's of this league.

1 minute ago, hazza88 said:

Agree with you mate...my post was aimed at vulva who said we aren't capable of play offs because we have only beaten bottom half teams

I don't say that. We are more than capable of the play offs, but the model to follow is Burnley and Norwich. We need to get a bit more solid down the spine of the side and be more ruthless. 

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Thing is, we are not used to having teams coming to S6, playing 1 up front and having to break them down. We've been easy for years, and now the tables have turned. We've recruited extremely well, but the players, as well as the fans, need to get mentally adjusted to the fact we are a big player in this league, and teams are giving us loads of respect. 

It's a different type of football that is required. More patience. Still think we have 1 too many flair players in the side. 

All that is true, but i don' think the recruitment has been brilliant. I think we needed another quality centre back for a start and as you say, we have a few too many flair players in the side at the moment.

Tempo was slow early doors, but other than when players suddenly burst forward with strength (which we can't deal with) we looked comfy and it seemed a matter of time until we eventually scored.

But after they scored we started to look really frustrated. Moved it quicker but still very narrow, looking to pass through and make an easy tap in, but sometimes a shot through the crowd might cause more chaos. We were much better when we started getting more width.

We got out of jail again today. We were poor again in the first half playing with no tempo. A lot of our players first touch is back to our goal and many have to have 3 or 4 touches before playing a pass that could have been played a lot quicker. I feel sorry for Reach playing out of position and at times it showed as they skipped past him with ease. I look forward to when he is playing in his natural position further up the pitch where he has already shown some encouraging signs.

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

I just can't see us playing £2m for a player, on Premier League wages, to sit on the bench. The form of Lee has thrown a spanner in the works. I think Jones was brought in to replace him. And I'm Lee's biggest fan btw. 

I think Jones was brought in to replace Hutchinson, as Carlos knew that Hutch would be playing as a centre back this season.

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

I think Carlos is Lee's biggest fan.

Even before his recent form he was never going to be left out.

If Jones plays it will be in the position Bannan is playing.

I expect Jones to start Tuesday