Fernando

Tbh as much as I hate to say it, whether he's playing well or not Im struggling to actually like him these days. I thought that if he apologised and got his head down playing again I'd love him like I always did but I'm struggling. Right now, if the club came out and said we'd sold him I wouldn't be bothered at all. 

2 minutes ago, poite said:

Tbh as much as I hate to say it, whether he's playing well or not Im struggling to actually like him these days. I thought that if he apologised and got his head down playing again I'd love him like I always did but I'm struggling. Right now, if the club came out and said we'd sold him I wouldn't be bothered at all. 

I see your point and where your coming from. However I'd be grumpy mad if we sold him. Don't think we are at that point yet.

21 hours ago, TheEnd1976 said:

I was watching him today I can't put my finger on it it's not for him not trying is running round like aheadless chicken but with little effect is it player not picking him out but that wasn't the case today as he just lost his Mojo In that case he needs to find it fast would a break from the team doing him some good just to get is that together ever since  he decided not to play he's had what u call a yo-yo affect 

Was I really that drunk last night :blush:

10 minutes ago, poite said:

Yeah...be thrilled if we sold him to one of our rivals :duntmatter:

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, SiJ said:

There's very few players at Championship level that can do what FF does. 

We are talking about a player who can turn a game with a moment of quality. 

Whether that's a bit of incisive passing like yesterday or a 25 yard pinging effort into the bottom corner. 

The guys is a match winner and there are very few of those around. 

Well said.

Keep the faith matey he's our best player by some margin. I note people talking about Reach great "record signing"  I love him but would like to make the point that if everyone of our players were up for sale Fernando would Comfortably fetch 2/3 million more than anybody else. He's the heartbeat of our team and key to unlock most defences but he's human and can have off day even though he won't stop trying.

After how FF has tried to apologise and be accepted back by all and sundry can't for the life of me understand the naysayers -bloody grow up and get behind All  our players pleassssse.

Forestieri is out of form. 

Are we allowed to say that on here? 

He is playing below the standards he had set for himself.  Whether it's a hangover from his actions at the start of the season I don't know but he is missing a lot of chances that he was routinely putting away last season. 

That miss yesterday was a case in point. The ball at his feet and an open net. It was as bad as João's miss against Brentford.  

Not saying he should be dropped. He is still our best player, and it may only take a goal to get his swagger back. 

But our hesitant form is directly linked to that of Forestieri in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He is playing below the standards he had set for himself.  Whether it's a hangover from his actions at the start of the season I don't know but he is missing a lot of chances that he was routinely putting away last season. 

That miss yesterday was a case in point. The ball at his feet and an open net. It was as bad as João's miss against Brentford.  

Not saying he should be dropped. He is still our best player, and it may only take a goal to get his swagger back. 

lol

I've seen some testicles on this forum but his tops it. Didn't have a great game yesterday for his standards but influential in the winning goal. Played well at Brum I thought. Came on second half against Bristol and changed the game giving us a completely different outlet- we go score three goals in second half, he gets two assists. Scores the winner against Wigan.

Owlstalk is hilarious. Fernando can be frustrating and sometimes makes the wrong decisions because essentially he is a greedy player but that is why he is so good as well. Because he has the ability to create and score goals out of nothing. 

Keep playing out of form Fernando because when you find form going by what is being said on here you'll be better than Messi.

Guest Copthorneowl
4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Absolutely fair comment, and imo dead accurate.

However doesn't alter the fact we need to get behind him and all our players as CC keeps reminding us our fans can influence the outcome and in fairness we all know that so why wouldn't we do so.

As brilliant as he was last season...you'd think he was on the level of Messi with the way some fans go off. 

He's not quite hitting the heights at the moment, but he's not playing that bad. 

Still made a telling contribution yesterday. 

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Not as bad as Joao miss at Brentford.

Without FF 's skill AND application, with Fletcher and Ante,  that winning goal doesn't happen.

Still, bench on Tuesday 'd be ok to give others ago.

Lets see if Abdi can run a match now.

We are clearly a better side with FF in it than without.

The Bristol game was a clear example of this, he gets left out and we were poor first half, he comes on and gets the assist for 2 out of 3 goals. Even when he's not on song. the fact that he's on the pitch means opposition players pay him extra attention as they know hwat he is capable of and this creates more space for other players to exploit.

The problem for Fernando however is that after what happened at Norwich, his performances will come under extra scrutiny from fans, a situation that in fairness is entirely of his own making.

He is however our best player and as long as fans back him when he's on the pitch then that's fair enough.

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

I was. 

Turns out I was wrong on that. 

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after all the crap that happened after Norwich. 

He's playing decent (not great), yet some people can't wait to slate him at the moment. 

I appreciate that his behavior at that time was abysmal, but then some fans really need to let it go. 

Parkerowl has spent the last few months calling FF every insult under the sun. 

Hardly any insult,  I called him a money grabbing disruptive little fanny,  I stand by these comments.  The whole team has suffered, he keeps things ticking over for us but he doesn't show the drive to get at players like last season.  He is not interested and I can't flipping wait till we sell him and get a better replacement in.

26 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

We are clearly a better side with FF in it than without.

The Bristol game was a clear example of this, he gets left out and we were poor first half, he comes on and gets the assist for 2 out of 3 goals. Even when he's not on song. the fact that he's on the pitch means opposition players pay him extra attention as they know hwat he is capable of and this creates more space for other players to exploit.

The problem for Fernando however is that after what happened at Norwich, his performances will come under extra scrutiny from fans, a situation that in fairness is entirely of his own making.

He is however our best player and as long as fans back him when he's on the pitch then that's fair enough.

I like the word you have used "hwat" it reminds me of "prombles'... So  it's a plus 1 from me.

Edited by owls-swfc

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

Hardly any insult,  I called him a money grabbing disruptive little fanny,  I stand by these comments.  The whole team has suffered, he keeps things ticking over for us but he doesn't show the drive to get at players like last season.  He is not interested and I can't flipping wait till we sell him and get a better replacement in.

"Money grabbing disruptive little Danny" gave Ms Kallins £10 grand towards her rehab against cancer you sure you stand by that comment

3 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

"Money grabbing disruptive little Danny" gave Ms Kallins £10 grand towards her rehab against cancer you sure you stand by that comment

I donated yesterday aswell.  Probably around the same percentage of my yearly income as he did. Do I make a fuss and put it in the press ?

Edited by parkerowl

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, parkerowl said:

I donated yesterday aswell.  Probably around the same percentage of my yearly income as he did.

So does that make you a money grabbing fanny No. And neither is he.