Fernando

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

You're trying too hard. 

Were you by any chance shooting down people who said he didn't look ok in the Villa game too?

It's pretty obvious he isn't as enthusiastic as he was last season at the moment, for obvious reasons. Hopefully over time this will improve.

2 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Were you by any chance shooting down people who said he didn't look ok in the Villa game too?

It's pretty obvious he isn't as enthusiastic as he was last season at the moment, for obvious reasons. Hopefully over time this will improve.

I was. 

Turns out I was wrong on that. 

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after all the crap that happened after Norwich. 

He's playing decent (not great), yet some people can't wait to slate him at the moment. 

I appreciate that his behavior at that time was abysmal, but then some fans really need to let it go. 

Parkerowl has spent the last few months calling FF every insult under the sun. 

Edited by SiJ

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I was. 

Turns out I was wrong on that. 

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after all the crap that happened after Norwich. 

He's playing decent (not great), yet some people can't wait to slate him at the moment. 

I appreciate that what he did was appalling, but then some fans really need to let it go. 

Parkerowl has spent the last few months calling FF every insult under the sun. 

Agree mate.

Love the Lionel Hutz avatar by the way.

Personally thought he was poor. It happens. However I also think he was not going looking for the ball as tenaciously as usual. He seemed to stay out on the wing - of course that could have been under instruction.

Allied to that I think we could have given him the ball more when he was in space. To be clear on that I am not saying the rest of the team were deliberately ignoring him due to a feud or anything as ridiculous as that. It's just an observation.

You know...it's not such a bad thing if the side can actually win games without FF firing an all cylinders. 

One of the criticisms leveled at the team last season was that we were overly reliant upon FF coming up with a big of magic to win us a game. 

It's good to see the likes of Fletcher, Lee etc stepping up and contributing even more in the final third. 

Wasn't he instrumental in the winning goal.

Played a one two that put Lee through to score. Being in that position in the 93rd minute doesn't scream disinterest to me!

Had a few good runs and numerous other little cameos. 

Don't see any difference in him myself apart from the burden being more evenly spread.

Still causes panic whenever he has the ball in the opponents 18 yard box which creates space for others!

Still a hugely influential player for us, but I suppose Owlstalk wouldn't be Owlstalk if every topic didn't have a predominantly negative slant to it.

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Wasn't he instrumental in the winning goal.

Played a one two that put Lee through to score. Being in that position in the 93rd minute doesn't scream disinterest to me!

Had a few good runs and numerous other little cameos. 

Don't see any difference in him myself apart from the burden being more evenly spread.

Still causes panic whenever he has the ball in the opponents 18 yard box which creates space for others!

Still a hugely influential player for us, but I suppose Owlstalk wouldn't be Owlstalk if every topic didn't have a predominantly negative slant to it.

The reverse ball by FF was superb skill. The goal sublime. I feel lucky that I support a team that can unlock a defence like that. I'm positive.

There's very few players at Championship level that can do what FF does. 

We are talking about a player who can turn a game with a moment of quality. 

Whether that's a bit of incisive passing like yesterday or a 25 yard pinging effort into the bottom corner. 

The guys is a match winner and there are very few of those around. 

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

There's very few players at Championship level that can do what FF does. 

We are talking about a player who can turn a game with a moment of quality. 

Whether that's a bit of incisive passing like yesterday or a 25 yard pinging effort into the bottom corner. 

The guys is a match winner and there are very few of those around. 

We're bang average without him.

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

We're bang average without him.

Not sure I'd go quite that far, but there's no denying that he adds that bit of x-factor to the team. 

There's plenty of talented players in this current squad, but FF brings something different.