Fernando

2 hours ago, Apple said:

Forestieri's clever pass to Fletcher enabled the 2nd goal. I thought he worked hard, caused them problems and created space for others. Not his best game but he was still head and shoulders above 80% of the players on the pitch (Forest players included)

At first he was lost a bit wide. I don't think he wasn't trying - we just couldn't get him into the game. For whatever reason- perhaps because players tire - I think he's best when we move him out wide in the 2nd half. Maybe psychologically that's better for him than starting him wide. 

He was a lot more involved in the 2nd half.

For the miss - he was a wide player who got himself there to miss it. Fair play to him - misses happen. 

And i say that as someone who has pushed him down my list of favourites for what he did. He's not playing as well as last season - but I think he's trying. 

Not suggesting for a minute we get shut of him - he is the man as far as I'm concerned. Yesterday though he was all over the place (trying to win the game it should be said) and left Reach terribly exposed. Against a better team we would have been punished but it wasn't a better team so it was worth the risk I guess.

He thrives in a free role searching for space whether on the left or off the striker. We just need to get the selection right against each team to back him up.

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf Maddogbob did describe Fletcher as one of the "worst signings" in recent history after about two games, so we can conclude that he knows bugger all about football. 

Haven't gone back to read the post, but if that's what was said, then i totally agree with you. 

Very strange conclusion to reach in all respects.

Mobile, can pass, half decent in the air, looks to have a good attitude.

What do people want?

So...every time he has an indifferent game we are going to have a thread questioning his commitment, work rate etc. 

Its like some some people are just desperate to find something wrong. 

I note that Beholder (he who bemoans OT "myths") hasn't shed any further light on his deliberate miss comment. 

Funny that. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

He was at fault for the goal? 

You mean the 30 yard strike, that took a wicked deflection off Bannan? 

You seriously blaming him for that? 

Farcical. 

He lost the ball fannying about on the left flank were he looked disinterested. 

Listen he's a great player, expectations are through the roof this year. Personally it to early in the season to say what's going to happen.

I was calling it as I saw it, nothing foolish or "farcical" about it. I'm allowed an opinion.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Tbf Maddogbob did describe Fletcher as one of the "worst signings" in recent history after about two games, so we can conclude that he knows bugger all about football. 

Tbf he's making me eat my words in that respect. May that continue, I was very suprised I must admit. He's always been an injury prone donkey at EPL level.

Take it your going to be following me round the forum from now on eh sij.

And don't worry I don't really care what anyone thinks of my football knowledge, if your on a fishing trip :-) 

Edited by Maddogbob

Wow, talk about an over reaction.

Still think his best position is out wide, with the license to float around. 

Still one of the best players in this league & we're lucky to have him. Personally thought his downfall yesterday was in that Forests full back was superb & that he was almost being too selfless trying to feed in other players most of the time.

Players are allowed to have bad games. & sometimes FF will face a defender who has him in his pocket.

Edited by FlyingOwl

10 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Tbf he's making me eat my words in that respect. May that continue, I was very suprised I must admit. He's always been an injury prone donkey at EPL level.

Take it your going to be following me round the forum from now on eh sij.

And don't worry I don't really care what anyone thinks of my football knowledge, if your on a fishing trip :-) 

I'm liking the honesty.

13 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Wow, talk about an over reaction.

Still think his best position is out wide, with the license to float around. 

Still one of the best players in this league & we're lucky to have him. Personally thought his downfall yesterday was in that Forests full back was superb & that he was almost being too selfless trying to feed in other players most of the time.

Players are allowed to have bad games. & sometimes FF will face a defender who has him in his pocket.

Spot on, however I would like to see FF play in a free role off Fletcher as then the oppostion may have more trouble picking him up. As you say when he's on the left he's got the right back to mark him 

similiar to what Sanchez does at Arsenal actually 

Edited by Southie_Owl

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm liking the honesty.

I'm an honest guy.

This is the internet, if I'm wrong hay I'm wrong, ill say I am. No biggy really.

Not like it's real life or anything. People really do take internet forums, far to seriously.

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Spot on, however I would like to see FF play in a free role off Fletcher as then the oppostion may have more trouble picking him up. As you say when he's on the left he's got the right back to mark him 

Just a personal opinion...I think he gets bullied more often than not when he's up top & him and Fletch just aren't quite in tune with each other.

Fletcher & Hooper need a solid run of games up front. This chopping and changing of Fletcher's forward partner is only hindering us

More often than not FF has the beating of his full back & I think we play better when he's there. 

Just now, Maddogbob said:

I'm an honest guy.

This is the internet, if I'm wrong hay I'm wrong, ill say I am. No biggy really.

Not like it's real life or anything. People really do take internet forums, far to seriously.

True. I was refreshed by the the fact that you didn't keep digging. Many on here do, then we get post after post of pointless denial.

3 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Just a personal opinion...I think he gets bullied more often than not when he's up top & him and Fletch just aren't quite in tune with each other.

Fletcher & Hooper need a solid run of games up front. This chopping and changing of Fletcher's forward partner is only hindering us

More often than not FF has the beating of his full back & I think we play better when he's there. 

Fair enough, our club record signing is a left sided midfielder so I think it will be a case of fitting FF somewhere else, as I agree with you FF has to play and we are a much better side when he does

32 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So...every time he has an indifferent game we are going to have a thread questioning his commitment, work rate etc. 

Its like some some people are just desperate to find something wrong. 

I note that Beholder (he who bemoans OT "myths") hasn't shed any further light on his deliberate miss comment. 

Funny that. 

It's not just today been obvious bar 1 or 2 games