Fernando

53 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Well better get him on the bench then because Reach is a lot better left winger and will become our regular in that position

He played left at Watford because they had the quality and work rate of Ighalo, Deeney and Vydra.

Eventually he lost his place because he is not good enough as a left winger. 

Am pretty sure they never had ighalo at that point but i get your point 

1 hour ago, Gonzoman said:

Not to thick to be able to spell triangular though. :ghoulguy:

Sorry I typed it quickly because I couldn't grasp that you are saying that our season is over after 9 league games and are just a point off the top six...just because FF made a huge mistake and was badly advised by his agent.

This is modern football, it can be nasty at times its how you deal with it and push on.

Don't think there is any issue with FF at all. Too many people reading too much into too little. It seemed to me today that every time he got the ball he had three of their players on him. Think they pretty much man marked him out of the game to be honest.  That's bound to happen at times with the reputation he's got after last season. Thought he did okay all things considered. Went on the Forest forum and their fans were dreading him playing against them. If there is one thing, I do think he's just trying a little bit too hard at times because he's so desperate to win back the fans adoration - can't blame him for that. It will come good again for him, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

He is a better wide player than Wallace, so if anyone should start on the bench its Wallace.

But he would not be a first choice striker in a promotion winning side. Too few goals.

That said, if Lee keeps scoring the way he is, everyone else can hire a deck-chair and enjoy the show. What a player we have.

He is not a good enough wide player to play there in a 442 in a promotion winning side and we won't see him playing there against a top side.

Carlos ain't that daft. He might play him wide in a 433 which might suit us against the top sides

Edited by oldishowl

20 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

He is not a good enough wide player to play there in a 442 in a promotion winning side and we won't see him playing there against a top side.

Carlos ain't that daft. He might play him wide in a 433 which might suit us against the top sides

Why not? 

Apart from Reach, do you think we have a better wide player on our books?

4 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Well better get him on the bench then because Reach is a lot better left winger and will become our regular in that position

He played left at Watford because they had the quality and work rate of Ighalo, Deeney and Vydra.

Eventually he lost his place because he is not good enough as a left winger. 

He never played left wing at Watford - they never played 4-4-2 - and when they played with wing backs he was never chosen to play there either

He played up front before Ighalo (but often missed out to Vydra) or he played in the midifeld 3

After Ighalo arrived he either came on as sub for one of the strikers - or he played in a midfield 3. But Watfords system relied heavily on rotation and interplay between forwards and midfield - and there's no doubt he is gifted at that

He lost his place because had Watford better players in all the positions he thrived in (Abdi being one of them)

Edited by scram