Whelmometer - where is your whelm?

2 - I'm going on Saturday because I love match day but for all the wrong reasons. I love meeting up with friends beforehand. It all goes down hill from 3pm. I am dreading the game on Saturday. Hope we don't but I'm fully expecting another loss. 

My whelm is in bed with a temperature. Hasn’t got the Wuhan strain of the coronavirus though.

Will get better again, leaping out of bed demanding a bacon sandwich and a coffee, wearing its new Christmas carpet slippers, at a future point yet to be decided

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

My whelm is in bed with a temperature. Hasn’t got the Wuhan strain of the coronavirus though.

Will get better again, leaping out of bed demanding a bacon sandwich and a coffee, wearing its new Christmas carpet slippers, at a future point yet to be decided

What a fantastic analogy lol

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Starting to get very concerned about the points deduction.

I'm starting to think this season is so poo we might as well take the points deduction now and be over with it looming over our heads. Then finish lower half of table, clear out in summer and clean slate from next season. Only way to rebuild now.

Actually, I'm approaching a cautious 5 with the Monk comments. 

Whilever we live under the delusion that these players are good enough to compete for the top 6, we'll be disappointed.

As long as the club, importantly DC, follows through on it can see a brighter future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N0rtherner said:

I'm starting to think this season is so poo we might as well take the points deduction now and be over with it looming over our heads. Then finish lower half of table, clear out in summer and clean slate from next season. Only way to rebuild now.

15 points off and the way we playing could result in much worse than finishing bottom half.

25 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

15 points off and the way we playing could result in much worse than finishing bottom half.

We're nowhere near relegation form with our play style. You've got to look at points gained by now, irrespective of the potential points deduction. If we were suddenly back on 21 instead of 42, we'd still be playing like a team who'd be good for 42 points in 29 matches, not like a team good for 21 pts. Form is temporary, you win some and you lose some and right now we've had to abysmal performances in the league but they're hot on the heel of beating league leader, a Prem team and QPR in the FA cup.

We've got 3 points from our last 5 matches; WBA have got 2 points... would they get relegated if they got a points deduction to put them below the line?

Yes, we'd be rock bottom but average points per match means we'd creep upwards to 15-16th by end of season

Edited by N0rtherner
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, N0rtherner said:

We're nowhere near relegation form with our play style. You've got to look at points gained by now, irrespective of the potential points deduction. If we were suddenly back on 21 instead of 42, we'd still be playing like a team who'd be good for 42 points in 29 matches, not like a team good for 21 pts. Form is temporary, you win some and you lose some and right now we've had to abysmal performances in the league but they're hot on the heel of beating league leader, a Prem team and QPR in the FA cup.

We've got 3 points from our last 5 matches; WBA have got 2 points... would they get relegated if they got a points deduction to put them below the line?

Yes, we'd be rock bottom but average points per match means we'd creep upwards to 15-16th by end of season

I think you're underestimating the psychological effect a points deduction of that magnitude would have on this already spineless team. 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

I glanced at my whelmometer this morning and it simply said fućk you. Some things never change. 

Edited by wilyfox

1 hour ago, SupremeOwl said:

I think you're underestimating the psychological effect a points deduction of that magnitude would have on this already spineless team. 

Also, with external factors threatening the club before, the club and squad have shown a resilience in face of adversity. We've bunkered up and stood against the poo, so again, whereas we've had a couple of spineless performances v Blackburn and Wigan, we're not all that spineless. That's just generalisation and sensationalism to doom us before poo has even hit the fan.

6 hours ago, SupremeOwl said:

I think it already has. Yes, they're not good enough but I genuinely think that the black cloud looming over us is already having an effect on their mentality and effort, even though they say it isn't. 

Just now, Owl 44 said:

I think it already has. Yes, they're not good enough but I genuinely think that the black cloud looming over us is already having an effect on their mentality and effort, even though they say it isn't. 

I think this is also true of the support and helps to partly explain the flat atmosphere at home matches, though performances haven't helped either.