Whelmometer - where is your whelm?

First Half 1

Seond Half 4

Having slept on it 6

There were some encouraging signs, and flashes of individual brilliance. Jos needs to find his best formation and stick with it. Less of the experimentation and more of building a solid base. We need to gel as a single unit and fast. 

14 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

4 - generally give it 10 games but already we look like a mid to lower team.

This season is going to be a long slog

Depressingly I'm convinced we will be in L1 again next season.

Can't honestly see any other outcome.

3 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

I cant disagree. 2 games in, poor performances all round and that is with a 85% fully fit squad. What will it be like if we lose 2 or 3 of the current 11. It will become that bad we will be relying on keeping fit the likes of Fox. That is scary....

4 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

If not next year It'll be the one after IMO. Don't we've scratched the surface on how bad our finances are. The multi season ticket money will have been spent. All the players will be on massive contracts that get bigger every year. Add that to the fraud that is d taxis and we really are in trouble.

Lowest levels of whelm I can remember.

It's not just about Wednesday (before the "Don't you remember DA or the 70s" klaxon sounds) but about the sport in general. It's completely broken. At least in this country anyway.

1/10

1 hour ago, cowl said:

Lowest levels of whelm I can remember.

It's not just about Wednesday (before the "Don't you remember DA or the 70s" klaxon sounds) but about the sport in general. It's completely broken. At least in this country anyway.

1/10

Completely with you.

Football as I know and love is gone 

1/10. Listened to the FFP podcast earlier on and realised that we have to raise £12m by next summer or risk half our squad walking out for free.

Looks like the only way out is sell fernando. The one player who’s actually exciting to watch. 

On the pitch I expect to see the same sort of results as last year! Depressing stuff considering where we were 2 years ago.

5 hours ago, owlinexile said:

This is true.

Sadly the long-awaited collapse will never come whilst they can simply replace revenue from fans with more tv money from China and the Middle East.

Suppose it’s just the way of the world and I’m hankering after the “good old days” being an old fart..

On 12/08/2018 at 18:20, Southie_Owl said:

Think I’ve hit the bottom of the whelm now. Even when we had no money during the MM+Gray days we had hope, that MM was trying to find a buyer to take us to a better level. I can’t see Chansiri selling us anytime soon so it just feels bleak right now. Hopefully Jos will have a Conte moment and find a formation and line up that works, so at least relegation isn’t something to worry about this season 

Unfortunately I think we will be in the relegation battle this season. Starting with a tonking at Brentford on Sunday. I wonder what our deluded owner will think then. My whelm is a solid -1