Barton is the Answer

Guest Copthorneowl

Barton is not the answer to our problems.

Generally you need aggressive ball winners when you are consistently failing to gain and keep posession of the ball. This isn't our problem; stats recently published and pretty much known to most of us prove that we have enjoyed more posession than almost any team in the division even given the fact we are only half way up the table.

Our problems are not winning the ball back because our pressing game generally works and we do keep it quite well.  

Unfortunately we are not converting loads of gilt edged chances and therebye negating our advantage.  Added to which we are known to have a great team spirit which Barton wouldn't help one jot.  Bet Mark Warbs sells him.

Guest Copthorneowl
Just now, Copthorneowl said:

Barton is not the answer to our problems.

Generally you need aggressive ball winners when you are consistently failing to gain and keep posession of the ball. This isn't our problem; stats recently published and pretty much known to most of us prove that we have enjoyed more posession than almost any team in the division even given the fact we are only half way up the table.

Our problems are not winning the ball back because our pressing game generally works and we do keep it quite well.  

Unfortunately we are not converting loads of gilt edged chances and therebye negating our advantage.  Added to which we are known to have a great team spirit which Barton wouldn't help one jot.  Bet Mark Warbs sells him.

Sorry duplicated in error

2 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Unsettled and unpopular at Rangers - free agent time.

If the Jockos are allowed loans, straight swap with Abdi/ Jones/ Helan (oh wait) with us paying any wage differential.

He knows this league, will look after Bannan and the back 4 AND we would make sure he got a championship medal to remedy the hurt he felt at Burnley. 

Whaddya reckon? 

If Barton is the answer, what is the question? 

2 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

If the Jockos are allowed loans, straight swap with Abdi/ Jones/ Helan (oh wait) with us paying any wage differential.

He knows this league, will look after Bannan and the back 4 AND we would make sure he got a championship medal to remedy the hurt he felt at Burnley. 

Whaddya reckon? 

Reason for that...

It's all very hypothetical but it's strange how people make out like it's some madcap idea.

he played week in week out in a much better side than us last season under Sean dyche who's no mug.

everyones entitled to their opinion but I bet Sean dyche doesn't sit at home at night wondering why he signed joey Barton last season - I bet he's pretty pleased with himself. 

4 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Whaddya reckon? 

i reckon its the work of a poor WUM

Surely a wind up by the OP.....

If the insanity levels are at these dizzy heights then we're in for some "head in hands" posts over the coming weeks and months. Unless of course we are top of the table and winning every match which seems to be where the expectation levels are for a few on here.

I actually rate Barton and whatever you think of him on a personal level there is no doubt he can do a job under the right circumstances. That said he's a risk we don't need to take, any player that points the finger at a team mate to apportion blame is a liability and a recipe for unrest at the club, that's fact. His combative nature is his biggest strength it's also his biggest weakness, were he in our team we'd no doubt be discussing his dressing room antics in exactly the same way Rangers fans are, only replace Andy Halliday with Keiran Westwood.

Regardless of the investment in new players and our increased expectations we really are in a very similar position to last season. Our recruitment was good but it was also pretty late, something we have to accept as a side effect of the way we do business. The bottom line is that players are still settling in whether we like it or not.

I'm sure we all hoped for a better start than the one we've had but the truth is that it is better than last seasons, that said results need to pick up over the next few games for that to remain the case. 

Frustration is part of sport, the results against Burton and Leeds were poor, unacceptable performances, but they are comparable to the games against Bristol City, MK Dons, Rotherham and Charlton last season, any reasonable and rational person knows you will get these games over a season, even over a great season like last year. Two poor performances aside we're the victims of wasteful finishing and a couple of individual errors, both of those will rectify themselves. We've played some excellent football, plenty of chances are being created, were that not the case there'd be a genuine cause for concern.

Bottom line is it's way to early for silly talk.

12 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Surely a wind up by the OP.....

If the insanity levels are at these dizzy heights then we're in for some "head in hands" posts over the coming weeks and months. Unless of course we are top of the table and winning every match which seems to be where the expectation levels are for a few on here.

I actually rate Barton and whatever you think of him on a personal level there is no doubt he can do a job under the right circumstances. That said he's a risk we don't need to take, any player that points the finger at a team mate to apportion blame is a liability and a recipe for unrest at the club, that's fact. His combative nature is his biggest strength it's also his biggest weakness, were he in our team we'd no doubt be discussing his dressing room antics in exactly the same way Rangers fans are, only replace Andy Halliday with Keiran Westwood.

Regardless of the investment in new players and our increased expectations we really are in a very similar position to last season. Our recruitment was good but it was also pretty late, something we have to accept as a side effect of the way we do business. The bottom line is that players are still settling in whether we like it or not.

I'm sure we all hoped for a better start than the one we've had but the truth is that it is better than last seasons, that said results need to pick up over the next few games for that to remain the case. 

Frustration is part of sport, the results against Burton and Leeds were poor, unacceptable performances, but they are comparable to the games against Bristol City, MK Dons, Rotherham and Charlton last season, any reasonable and rational person knows you will get these games over a season, even over a great season like last year. Two poor performances aside we're the victims of wasteful finishing and a couple of individual errors, both of those will rectify themselves. We've played some excellent football, plenty of chances are being created, were that not the case there'd be a genuine cause for concern.

Bottom line is it's way to early for silly talk.

Its not really silly talk tho - just debating the attributes of a particular player. No need to make a big issue out of it.

well be reyt. 

42 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Its not really silly talk tho - just debating the attributes of a particular player. No need to make a big issue out of it.

well be reyt. 

It must just be me that thinks it's silly talk, as much as I try I can't seem to see the merits of discussing an impossible "loan swap" of our new multi-million pound signings for another clubs ageing free transfer with a troubled history, after just a few appearances for us as well...... need I go on.

I don't think we can simulataneously have a go at the 'fans' behaviour at Brum the other day and also say we would like Barton here.

Dont get me wrong, he's a decent player (didn't he once describe himself as the best English midfielder in the Prem) but what an absolute scumbag.

Personally, I don't want to see people like him associated with our club. With him on the pitch and the coked up bell-ends in the stands it rather makes a mockery of the 'family club' idea.

He thought he would waltz up to Scotland and be a stand out player in what he deemed a poor league. Fact is he is pish, way past his best, and nowhere near good enough for the starting XI of the top 3 teams in the SPFL never mind at Wednesday. 

He is a bad egg too and there's more to come of this. He is apparently being investigated for betting illegally on matches. Massive arsehole.