Barton is the Answer

7 minutes ago, Del_Liles said:

We need a player like Joey Barton on the pitch for 90minutes, that player could be Jones.

We don't need a player like Joey Barton off the pitch, in-fact i couldn't think of a player less suited to the culture CC is building.

and that is a very big part of the problem...

Just now, camffiti said:

The answer is ... 

Of the new signings, only Fletcher should start 

Bit harsh on Reach, that, but otherwise, I'd agree. Worth seeing what Buckley can do with a start or two, maybe...

We don't quite seem to have the same cohesiveness or efficiency this season.

Perfect solution, as well known for cementing groups of players into great sides, and fostering team spirit.

Well done all who suggested him. Don't let the doubters knock your clearly outstanding football brains.

Bravo.

Shocking post. I mean yes if we were able to sign him (even if they release him I don't think he can sign until January) he may be an astute addition as he would provide the dm position we require and is a good player.... However,

swap for any of those players especially Abdi would will be our star - no thanx. 

In Hindsight, after going 1 nil up, CC should have showed respect to Birmingham and brought Jones on for Fletcher.

Now we've got the goal, lets keep the points.

Nuhiu for Fletcher sub, was more of a let's go for 2, 3 rather than being happy. Unlucky, we move on.

Barton isn't needed IMO. Jones is our Barton, if we use him correctly.

Guest Copthorneowl

Barton is not the answer to our problems.

Generally you need aggressive ball winners when you are consistently failing to gain and keep posession of the ball. This isn't our problem; stats recently published and pretty much known to most of us prove that we have enjoyed more posession than almost any team in the division even given the fact we are only half way up the table.

Our problems are not winning the ball back because our pressing game generally works and we do keep it quite well.  

Unfortunately we are not converting loads of gilt edged chances and therebye negating our advantage.  Added to which we are known to have a great team spirit which Barton wouldn't help one jot.  Bet Mark Warbs sells him.