JEREMY HELAN RETIRES TO DEVOTE HIMSELF TO RELIGION

2 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Good luck to Jeremy. I wouldn't have thought the life of a pro footballer would rest too easily alongside a longing for religion. He was no doubt earning a salary most of us could only dream of, but he's walked away to a life that for him offers a greater calling. If that's his journey I respect him for his decision.

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Can we not just wish the lad all the best for the future without resorting to anti muslim / anti islam comments.

several posts have been removed for the above reasons.

This and this.

Good luck JH.

Guest Deleted member
40 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Yep, they are.

That lovely chap in Cincinnatti who went round asking people if they were Muslim, let the 'converted' walk on unmolested and then stabbed the ones who said they weren't.  

Was HE a racist or an idiot or both?

Or is the observation as usual just from one perspective?

Wow

Guest Deleted member
Just now, Weshallovercome said:

Wonder why he feels the need to go to Saudi Arabia to concentrate on his religion?

All a bit bizarre.

You know that Mecca is there yes? (Not the bingo)

Do we really have to debate the rights and wrongs of some bloody religion. Because one of our players has decided to retire and follow a different path in life?

Best of luck to him.

Ashamed to be associated with this club and it's "fans" at times. Why can't people just take it at face value. Wish him the best and we crack on with the football.

Same reaction if he decided to go and really get into Catholicism?

I think not.

Edited by Maddogbob

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

this killed me

Crucifiction?

1 hour ago, Mickjj said:

Many years ago I remember Peter Knowles (Cyril's brother) who was a top forward for Wolves doing the same thing.  

And here he is on MOTD against.........oh 'eck

I will dip my hand in early and say this - I give it 18 months before he finds football again.

I'm not suggesting his wish to follow his religion is not real, but let him see his bank balance dip, reality hit and then realise he has a (forgive the non intended pun) god given talent that any of us on this forum would have given their eye teeth for and possibly have done more with.

Peter Knowles (brother of Cyril), who had a far better football career than Helan could ever dream of, did the same thing many years ago. If their faith, whatever it is, means more to them than a cushy number as a footballer, more power to them. Helan could've carried on stealing wages for years, but he hasn't and I wish him all the best. 

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

What has any of that got to do with Jeremy Helan retiring to focus on his religion?

Quote :- "Some people are racist idiots" earlier in the thread.

As i said also earlier in the thread, just putting the comment into perspective and some sort of context.

Prior to that i hadn't made any comment on ole Jezza's new calling whatsoever!