What is the right reaction to a loss?

1 hour ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I was raging after the match last night.

Chucked 3 points away through stupid mistakes

I ranted a lot and had a few beers

I still have faith but things need to improve soon enough 

This is pretty much how I reacted. 

For good half an hour I was ranting and raving. 

Funnily enough my mood improved after knocking back a few more beers. 

Yesterday certainly wasn't the end of the world, but I do feel the team are flattering to deceive at times this season. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I've seen people posting dramatic overreactions in the last 24 hours, and also seen others posting about those posting dramatic reactions to the result

But what is the right reaction to a loss?

Surely all that ever matters is your end of season finishing position in the league?

Image result for smashing computer gif

38 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Codswallop. lol

Ah, that's why i didn't see it!!

Back on topic, the second they scored, i went out into the garden, took a deep breath, took a few minutes and then came back and watched the Grand Prix qualifying. 

Struggled to contain the anger so tried to concentrate on something else.

Watched no football and stayed off Owlstalk basically sulking!!!

7 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Back on topic, the second they scored, i went out into the garden, took a deep breath, took a few minutes and then came back and watched the Grand Prix qualifying. 

Well,you've just missed some reyt classic comedy from our resident Drama Queens on OT.lol

7 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Well,you've just missed some reyt classic comedy from our resident Drama Queens on OT.lol

2 hours ago, Ben-owl said:

Last season was the best for a ling time. 

So far... we are doing better than last season.  

Don't come on here spouting logic & sense. It won't be appreciated & winds the flouncers up.

When things eventually clicked last season we looked good, we put in some very professional and quality performances.  Our first 2 defeats were against Boro and Burnley.

Already this season we have lost to Burton, Leeds and Birmingham, these sides will finish bottom half and we are yet to see a convincing Wednesday win.

The truth is we haven't started yet, we look a little bit ragged at times.

The biggest concern at the moment is how many times our players have pulled out of 50/50s, Bannan a few times, Nuhiu late on at Brum.

Is this team up for a scrap? Are we a little bit too pretty for the Championships battles.

Its basic panic.....It looks f.ookin' ridiculous...unless of course you are an Owls fan... then....I fully understand it....

I don't understand D.C panicking...I don't understand Carlos panicking....and of course I presume neither of them understand our bleedin' kneejerk immediacy of the moment...

Owls fans have been out of the top flight for 16 years....DC and Carlos haven't done 2 years yet...

So Carlos might well think..."What in the name of fookery are these idiots whittering about...D.C might well be thinking..."Crikey...these fans are demanding...I better up the prices again so they think they are getting something they aren't"

It ends up a bloody mess.

Its all well and good marchin' up to Chansiri and shoutin'  "Wheres me Europe in 5 years ticket"!!!!!.....Our past is a bleedin' mess..its a dogs breakfast of people who couldn't care less about the club, folk who cared too much but could do f.ook all about it...and US..the fans...

Here we are...runnin' up and down sodding Penistone shoutin' "Its the Freemasons!!" FFS!....

Its everything thats good and bad about Wednesday.

I actually enjoy it all...I rarely neg any post on here, cos I understand where everyone is coming from..I have 50 years of following the circus under me belt...

I might put the odd ascerbic reply in...but I never mean any malice...cos its not the fault of the fan...The average Owls fan is like someone who has been brought up by Wolves in a wood, in a footballing sense...Wild and bleedin' wanting summatt to eat NOW!

I would honestly pay £30..to sit in Hillsborough...on me f.ookin' own...just for an hour or so...none of you f.ookers there.,..no manager players or directors...just sit back in a seat on the Kop...and remember the stuff...the good stuff, the bad stuff, and the hilarious stuff...I dunno if I'm getting maudlin' in me old age...I dunno if I'm R* tarded..but this immediate

"I want it and I want it now"...

just makes me want to lie back on the Eastbank and listen to the f.ookin' traffic

Edited by asteener1867

In this case, it's to accept that teams will occasionally lose, as Newcastle did, and that in this case, Birmingham are a good Championship side and to expect to win every game is unrealistic, so this doesn't mean anything

Other than the set of players are clearly not Premier League quality and that if the team is promoted, there will need to be a lot of newcomers

4 hours ago, pompeyowl said:

That is all that matters. The reaction depends on the situation. We are currently three points better off than this time last season, so really no need for all the negativity.

We're 2 points better off than this time last season, but we won 4 and drew 3 of the next seven. A few clean sheets would steady the ship I think.

(Apologies for the mixed metaphor).

Edited by Muffin Owl