What is the right reaction to a loss?

Yeah course

But it seems that there are some fans who go absolutely mentalist after just one win

It's remarkable

Makes you wonder how they live their lives

e.g. when they go the chippy and it's sold out of fish do they jump immediately to def con one and start going waco on their asses?

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've seen people posting dramatic overreactions in the last 24 hours, and also seen others posting about those posting dramatic reactions to the result

But what is the right reaction to a loss?

Surely all that ever matters is your end of season finishing position in the league?

That is all that matters. The reaction depends on the situation. We are currently three points better off than this time last season, so really no need for all the negativity.

If the "we are doing better than last season" line is to continue, we're going to have to absolutely smash the next month.

I think the frustrating thing this season is that a lot of the defeats have been so easily avoided. There's a sense that we should know better and we are not showing the nous needed to get promoted at the moment. Fletcher showed it with his unorthodox flick, but the keeper undid that with his rush of blood to the head.

Edited by Bluesteel

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

e.g. when they go the chippy and it's sold out of fish do they jump immediately to def con one and start going waco on their asses?

Is that not the same as performance mode? I always thought that was acceptable in public, no? 

11 minutes ago, Ben-owl said:

Last season was the best for a ling time. 

So far... we are doing better than last season.  

That just reminded me of the "we're only 1 point better off" thread last seasonlol

We'll always be pessimistic nutters I think!

Some of the inquests into why we lost are nuts. It's a game of football, we will lose some. Don't like it but it happens. There'll be time when we also beat teams that are expected to be better than us too.

I've just watched Man Utd/Watford now watching Palarse/Stoke. Prem teams that are misplacing passes, not scoring with every shot, making defensive errors etc :ohmy: (and I saw the same things when watching the Champions League last week) and yet some of our fans expect close to perfection or there's something dramatically wrong!

I think in the past we could say, ah well they were better than us.

But at the moment you watch a game and think we are the more talented bunch here, then as is our way at the moment, we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot and the game suddenly becomes very difficult.

Birmingham reminded me of what we were like under Gray, resilient and hard working but some of their final balls were useless. Then somehow we lost. So frustrating as it isn't a one off.

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah course

But it seems that there are some fans who go absolutely mentalist after just one win

It's remarkable

Makes you wonder how they live their lives

If a chippy ever ran out of fish, you'd every right to go waco, I mean it is the heart and sole of the business

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I've seen people posting dramatic overreactions in the last 24 hours, and also seen others posting about those posting dramatic reactions to the result

But what is the right reaction to a loss?

Surely all that ever matters is your end of season finishing position in the league?

Kicking the cat usually works... So I'm told!