Sign in to follow this  
captain jack

Michael Morrison

11 hours ago, zico.b said:

Can't recall a player leaving the club with such obvious continued bitterness, in the 30+ years I've been watching.

He's a classless spanner.

Spot on.

14 hours ago, captain jack said:

Unbelievable how when he was threatening FF in the first half then the ref called them both over for a word how did he escape with no card?? I seriously hate the bloke and he hates us too that's obvious 

Complete tool. Was poo for us and can't get over it. Hated us at Chorlton and now At Bum. Bell End.

Bloke's a pr1ck. Very bitter man and a very average footballer.

Played much better than Lees and Loovens yesterday - unfortunately

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, zico.b said:

Can't recall a player leaving the club with such obvious continued bitterness, in the 30+ years I've been watching.

He's a classless spanner.

this

A few of the mentally weak players got broken during that era under Irvine. I remember Spurr in tears and Reynolds looking like he was a little boy who'd just lost his parents in a big shopping mall. 

Morrison was one of them. Couldn't hack it. He's a flat track bully but as soon as the heat got turned up he bottled it. That tackle against Martins is funny now, but it actually sums him up in a single moment. 

No real bitterness from me. We've chewed up a lot of bad players in the past decade. If they're bitter that they weren't appreciated for delivering consistently spineless performances, that's their call. 

Probably highlights the underlying need for a Semedo type who will back his team mates in any confrontations that happen.

Trouble is, if our players had piled in to help, we would have been fined for failing to control our players, like last season.

2 hours ago, marconi said:

Trouble is, if our players had piled in to help, we would have been fined for failing to control our players, like last season.

we didn't need players to pile in.

we needed a hutch/semedo type to have word & tell him to shut the roger up or is going into row Z.

unless Westwood ran the full length of the pitch,we had no one out there who could give a bit back.

• Agree 1

I feel sorry for the lad......he clearly has never got over being dumped by us. Years of counselling up the swanee there......

On 18/09/2016 at 08:08, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Interesting turn of phrase! Makes you wonder: have we had any classy spanners play for us?

There's a few who reckoned it was a wrench to leave.