Carlos Asks For Consistency

I would think most would agree with that

The answer isn't going to be easy he has created his own problems, he quite simply has too many options and I think he's lost any idea of his best team in trying to keep people happy.

We have a jigsaw of a side that will eventually come together - I hope  

but imo he needs to start looking for a free agent centre-half to partner Lees  

I heard him again say yesterday he's not bothered about clean sheets I'm afraid our defence agree

We have consistency. Unfortunately however, our defence have the consistency of a meringue: a little bit of pressure and they crumble. We need to become more solid and hard to break down, like an over-cooked rock bun.

This post was brought to you by the magic of baking metaphors; make them a key ingredient in your posts today - they're a recipe for success!

:duntmatter:

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Before the game, the Brum manager confirmed our problem. Not solid enough and too much space when out of possession.

We need an animal in the middle and big centre half. Get done in the air way too  much.

1 hour ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

Before the game, the Brum manager confirmed our problem. Not solid enough and too much space when out of possession.

We need an animal in the middle and big centre half. Get done in the air way too  much.

when i used to listen to alan mullery on some midweek programme on sky, he was always harping on about 'WINNING THE RIGHT TO PLAY YOUR FOOTBALL'...

we have very little to offer in a physical battle, carlos has equipped us with a southern european small tiptap and move 5 yard side...

on away grounds with a 'play on' style english ref, and carlos having been sussed we will have trouble...

we need steel in there, only the dreamers can't see it...

look how much ff wilted when morrison confronted him, who came to his aid?

no f*****, they just about all walked away...

the l**ds and chelsea sides of the 70's, fergusson's manure would have had his face off for him...

di canio would have taken him an eye out...

we're weak as pi$$...

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

when i used to listen to alan mullery on some midweek programme on sky, he was always harping on about 'WINNING THE RIGHT TO PLAY YOUR FOOTBALL'...

we have very little to offer in a physical battle, carlos has equipped us with a southern european small tiptap and move 5 yard side...

on away grounds with a 'play on' style english ref, and carlos having been sussed we will have trouble...

the l**ds and chelsea sides of the 70's, fergusson's manure would have had his face off for him...

we're weak as pi$$...

Theres plenty truth in this there is more to winning a game of football than passing teams to death, sides go out every week to intimidate forestieri and its working. Gamesmanship helped win birmingham the game yesterday there constant fouling diving etc got them up the pitch when they were under pressure.

We have none of this you need players with a bit more controlled agression and genuine desire to win, watching the leicester game yesterday lowton absolutely clattered albrighton who was having the better of him, in the 93 minute when the game was already won vardy got revenge for his team mate and smashed into lowton on the touchline as a little reminder. Its these kind of things that help players win the mental battle on the pitch and keep the opposition on edge.

24 minutes ago, dnhc said:

we're weak as pi$$...

Agreed 100% with that, I was amazed no-one went to offer their support. It did however make me wonder was that due to what the "team" thought / think about FF or was it simply due to no-one saw it as everyone was trotting forward with their backs to play.? Everyone for the main celebrated with him v Wigan so I hope it was the latter.

11 minutes ago, marshy said:

Agreed 100% with that, I was amazed no-one went to offer their support. It did however make me wonder was that due to what the "team" thought / think about FF or was it simply due to no-one saw it as everyone was trotting forward with their backs to play.? Everyone for the main celebrated with him v Wigan so I hope it was the latter.

sadly  neither, they have no ba11ex...

i'm dreading us playing a derby...

for those of us who can remember back far enough to 'the massacre' who do we look like most?

big jacks powerful side, or hapless harry's lightweights?

they could outclass everybody in the division until 'gonads' came into question...

the first thing that happened in the match was jeff johnson going straight through alex sabella, the ref waved play on and it was GAME OVER... 

you need ba11ex to play english football, or a sheikh's ransom to spend...

we have neither...

1 minute ago, dnhc said:

sadly  neither, they have no ba11ex...

i'm dreading us playing a derby...

for those of us who can remember back far enough to 'the massacre' who do we look like most?

big jacks powerful side, or hapless harry's lightweights?

they could outclass everybody in the division until 'gonads' came into question...

the first thing that happened in the match was jeff johnson going straight through alex sabella, the ref waved play on and it was GAME OVER... 

you need ba11ex to play english football, or a sheikh's ransom to spend...

we have neither...

I remember him, he was an absolute animal. Not tall in stature but a bloody animal. I think Joey Barton would have been a good signing for us in the Summer. a nutter & can upset the dressing room, but I guess no more than FF did.

Just now, marshy said:

I remember him, he was an absolute animal. Not tall in stature but a bloody animal. I think Joey Barton would have been a good signing for us in the Summer. a nutter & can upset the dressing room, but I guess no more than FF did.

i'm not sure barton would be on the field long or often enough to have sufficient effect...

just a tad too 'crackpot' for me...

he's small and has to put it about...

for me if you see a small dog and go to stoke it and it bites you, you give it a kick...

if you see a big dog, you think i wonder if that c*** bites and keep away from it...

we need some BIG DOGS...

some nasty ba$tards IF and when you cross them...

carlos hasn't that in him, it's not in his make up, he doesn't understand it, he's not grasped what english football is about...

he needs a manager in above him, sadly i'm afraid anyone who cannot see this is in denial, or actually knows little about english football...

the passing game carlos has brought is fine, but that alone will not get us up...

we need passion, grit, determination, fire, strong running, longer passing to stretch opposition not just 5 yard (invites for someone to clatter you)...

and if you want it like morrison did yesterday, free f***** dentistry...

1 hour ago, vontemp said:

Bit ironic him asking the players to be consistent given the way he chops and changes the team from one match to the next.

:manager:

This is 90% of the problem,obviously you have to allow for injuries and suspension but on the whole he should have 11 players in his head who make up the starting line up and this should include 2 wingers. The other then have to push for a place in the team and take there chance when it comes along.