Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
0191Owl

Steven Fletcher Assist Appreciation Thread

Recommended Posts

I just thought that I had to make this thread. Absolutely outstanding from him to go from being on the floor to flicking it on to Hooper. Excellent vision and technique. Credit to him too for putting it under the keeper.

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still working out how he pulled it off, superb and wrongly subbed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

played well, could really understand him coming off. sublime touch for the goal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such an intelligent footballer(contradiction I know)! Great vision too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been one of the stars of the season so far for me.

 

Very similar player to Big Dave, but has a lot more goals in him.

 

Holds the ball up well, creates a lot of chances.

 

Will get us lots of points this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pompeyowl said:

He's been one of the stars of the season so far for me.

 

Very similar player to Big Dave, but has a lot more goals in him.

 

Holds the ball up well, creates a lot of chances.

 

Will get us lots of points this season.

 

Whilst I am not a fan of people slating Nuhiu, to say he's the same sort of player as Fletcher is a huge injustice to Fletcher. 

 

Fletcher is is far better than our division and that back heel today was immense, most strikers would have still been on the floor and given it up. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best target man in the division in my book - and he's a lot more than a target man.

 

Sublime assist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kidc77 said:

 

Whilst I am not a fan of people slating Nuhiu, to say he's the same sort of player as Fletcher is a huge injustice to Fletcher. 

 

Fletcher is is far better than our division and that back heel today was immense, most strikers would have still been on the floor and given it up. 

 

 

Absolutely agree. I wasn't suggesting, by any means, that they are similar in ability, I mean they have similare styles of play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all due respect he's twice the player Nuhiu is.

 

But he's probably on at least twice  the wages that Nuhiu is, so you get what you pay for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top player..has the understanding about where other players are at all times that good players have

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Claw said:

played well, could really understand him coming off. sublime touch for the goal

I'd assume Fletch was knackered.  He had no break due to the internationals and he was shattered at the end of the game Tuesday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...