Strongest Team NOT Favourite Players

2 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

Okay then maybe favourites is the wrong word, how about trusted?

I always do. All I'm saying is that it's pretty obvious to see Wallace hasn't started the campaign like he did last season.

Surely that should be pretty easy by now as we don't tend to have a plan B? Start with a certain 11 then bring on Hooper and put Fessi out wide.

.i think we change a hell of a lot but what he wont change( thank god) is that he plays a passing game......................you seem to have a knowledge of the game what would your plan b be .

RE: Wallace.  Seen a lot of people slating him as a "favourite" that can't be dropped by CC on this thread.

I don't think this is true:

a) Not even in the 18 at Brentford

b) We've signed Reach as basically a younger version.  He's only been with us for one game but I'm sure as things progress he'll get his chance, give CC time to integrate him. 

What's strong against one set of opposites may not be strong against another. If the opposition have two 5ft 6 centre halves I'd play Nuhiu and Fletcher up top but there's no way in the world I'd say that's our first choice front pairing

This obsession with having 11 players set out for the season is bizarre. It's a very long season with injuries, suspensions, a range of different opponents and playing conditions.

Clearly something hasn't quite clicked early doors and the shape to fit new signings in to last years team hasn't quite worked but more than ever this is a squad game and the players that finish the game are as important as the ones that start it, we have better players and a better squad than last season. We'll climb the table.

It is all rubbish about favourites.

As a manager, if you have people who have done a great job for you, then you have to show faith in them when things aren't going so well.

Knowing that support is there from your boss rubs off on you and those around you as people can respect that approach (even if not getting in the team).

The trick is how long you continue to support before you have to act if that support isn't delivering.

Just chopping and changing after a few poorer games will impact squad morale even for those in the team as they know a couple of not so good performances is going see them dropped.

There is an art to managing people and not many can do it.

CC looks to me to be getting it about right and I've no issues with how he has handles things so far.

The same goes for managers and their bosses or even fans who unreasonably expect things to always go swimmingly.

That said Wallace for me must be coming close to that discussion.

The key problem for me is delivery into the box, the other parts of his game compare to anyone else's who might vie for his shirt.

He has done it though with Hunt so clearly CC does have a point at which he will act.

Edited by 33
typo

56 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

There is an argument for putting your best team out every week. And I may agree with it. 

i'm sure carlos puts out a team that he thinks can win no matter who he picks .....you only have to look at how many of us  pick a different side to see that  there isnt a definative best eleven ..its pointless having a decent sized squad and then not utilising it by picking the same eleven every week .

2 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

Westwood

hutch/Lee. Hutch/Loovens. Lees. Reach

Bannan.    Jones.     Abdi.   Forresteri

Fletcher.       Hooper

thats at sour strongest team and I doubt we'll see it this season. 

A team with Bannan wide can not be our strongest. He should be CM or sub given our squad.

To put Abdi in our "best" side at present is guesswork. I hope and think he will be excellent, but shown nothing yet.

2 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

Westwood

hutch/Lee. Hutch/Loovens. Lees. Reach

Bannan.    Jones.     Abdi.   Forresteri

Fletcher.       Hooper

thats at sour strongest team and I doubt we'll see it this season. 

you got the "i doubt we'll see it" bit spot on ........

59 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

LEE IS NOT A RIGHT BACK!!  FFS!!

Lee has played more football in his career as a RB than he has as CM. He can quite easily play there. I think all people are saying is that he can quite comfortably play there and people would not highlight errors in his game like they do Palmer and Hunt. Basically we have too many CM players to try and accommodate and why not keep one of your strongest players in the side but move him to a position he's equally comfortable in, plus keeping the strength of the side or if not improving it?!

Edited by Babushka1867

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

i'm sure carlos puts out a team that he thinks can win no matter who he picks .....you only have to look at how many of us  pick a different side to see that  there isnt a definative best eleven ..its pointless having a decent sized squad and then not utilising it by picking the same eleven every week .

This is a new way of thinking that I don't agree with. Your first eleven are the elite. The rest of the squad should be striving to join the elite. Injuries, suspensions, lack of form etc are the way in.......if you're good enough. I'm sure there's plenty who cry about players being overworked...I'm not one of them. Carlos seems to wet nurse his players . I don't think it works.