Strongest Team NOT Favourite Players

I think it's time for CC to play his strongest team and not some of his more favoured players. People like Wallace need a spell on the bench. Last season I really rated him and though he brought a lot to the team but this season he really hasn't done anything to impress me and we are a few games in. Surely the likes of Buckley has their fitness levels up by now and there's also Reach to introduce. I think that Abdi could do with a spell on the sidelines too because at the moment it's as if he doesn't really know what's being asked of him or it's not his natural role.

Agree with a lot of what you are saying but I think Abdi needs more game time, not less. Time will tell but we need minutes with him on the pitch with his team mates to gel the play styles together.

Central midfield will be interesting tonight with Jones back, Bannan having had a knock and the possibility of Hooper starting up front moving FF into midfield removing an option for Abdi or Bannan to be wide. I think Wallace is the natural fit to lose out tonight but Carlos clearly rates what he adds to the team

1 minute ago, 1867Heaven said:

Westwood

hutch/Lee. Hutch/Loovens. Lees. Reach

Bannan.    Jones.     Abdi.   Forresteri

Fletcher.       Hooper

thats at sour strongest team and I doubt we'll see it this season. 

Strong team but just like we are now I see no natural width and against good teams where the full backs bomb forward our full backs would get murdered and then criticised on forums like this. My own starting team (but again like you, will probably never get used) is:

Westwood

Lee   Lees   Hutchinson   Pudil

Jones   Bannan

Forestieri   Abdi   Reach

Fletcher

I still think we'd operate best with a 5 in midfield and Fletcher has shown he can lead a line. Forestieri, Abdi and Reach should offer so much in the final third and you've still got the guile and vision of Jones and Bannan sitting in midfield who can screen across and support the full backs if Forestieri or Reach are stranded upfield. 

I don't believe it's a case of favourite players with Carlos.

Rather he is just careful about introducing new faces into the team until he is convinced they will bring something extra. 

He has stated he will not rotate players for the sake of it but play the players he considers fittest for the game in question.

He knows better than any of us supporters about the fitness of the incoming players. None of them had a full pre season and only Abdi was pitched straight in. He is still struggling to complete 90 minutes at the Carlos tempo. 

I would expect Reach, Buckley, Jones and Emmanueslsen to be introduced gradually and probably used to change formation if things are going badly.

Trust Carlos and get behind whatever team he fields. He's the best manager Wednesday have seen for decades.

carlos works with the players day in day out , he knows who's in form , who can play to how he wants to play for a certain game  ,who,s fit and who,s not ....he'll pick players he trusts to follow his plans picking the best eleven players doesnt mean you have your best side ..

28 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Do you seriously think Carlos picks his "favourites" ahead of what HE sees as his strongest team?

Okay then maybe favourites is the wrong word, how about trusted?

26 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I don't believe it's a case of favourite players with Carlos.

Rather he is just careful about introducing new faces into the team until he is convinced they will bring something extra. 

He has stated he will not rotate players for the sake of it but play the players he considers fittest for the game in question.

He knows better than any of us supporters about the fitness of the incoming players. None of them had a full pre season and only Abdi was pitched straight in. He is still struggling to complete 90 minutes at the Carlos tempo. 

I would expect Reach, Buckley, Jones and Emmanueslsen to be introduced gradually and probably used to change formation if things are going badly.

Trust Carlos and get behind whatever team he fields. He's the best manager Wednesday have seen for decades.

I always do. All I'm saying is that it's pretty obvious to see Wallace hasn't started the campaign like he did last season.

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

carlos works with the players day in day out , he knows who's in form , who can play to how he wants to play for a certain game  ,who,s fit and who,s not ....he'll pick players he trusts to follow his plans picking the best eleven players doesnt mean you have your best side ..

Surely that should be pretty easy by now as we don't tend to have a plan B? Start with a certain 11 then bring on Hooper and put Fessi out wide.

39 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Westwood

hutch/Lee. Hutch/Loovens. Lees. Reach

Bannan.    Jones.     Abdi.   Forresteri

Fletcher.       Hooper

thats at sour strongest team and I doubt we'll see it this season. 

If we were allowed to play 13 players then it would be a very good team.

However, by hedging your bets, i.e. picking two players for one position, you have highlighted the problem a very strong squad has given Carlos. He has to pick 11 and that guarantees that some good players cannot get into the starting 11. He has to decide which 11 to start with dependent on current form/fitness of his squad, and the opponents to be faced. He isn't going to please everybody as is evident by the posts above.

1 minute ago, Babushka1867 said:

Okay then maybe favourites is the wrong word, how about trusted?

I always do. All I'm saying is that it's pretty obvious to see Wallace hasn't started the campaign like he did last season.

Surely that should be pretty easy by now as we don't tend to have a plan B? Start with a certain 11 then bring on Hooper and put Fessi out wide.

This is a fine rebuttal.

18 minutes ago, torryowl said:

There is an argument for putting your best team out every week. And I may agree with it. 

Can't see how its a "strongest team" if players are out of position - eg lots on here suggested Lee at RB, or Reach at LB etc.

I think personally our strongest team at the moment would be (and this is on current form which could completely change in the next 3 months):

Westwood

Palmer Lees Hutchinson Pudil

Wallace Lee Jones Bannan

Fletcher Forestieri

I actually think with the same personel you could shift things round to dominate midfield more if needed

Westwood 

Palmer Lees Hutchinson Pudil

Jones 

Lee        Bannan

Wallace                     Forestieri

Fletcher 

4 minutes ago, HalfFull said:

If we were allowed to play 13 players then it would be a very good team.

However, by hedging your bets, i.e. picking two players for one position, you have highlighted the problem a very strong squad has given Carlos. He has to pick 11 and that guarantees that some good players cannot get into the starting 11. He has to decide which 11 to start with dependent on current form/fitness of his squad, and the opponents to be faced. He isn't going to please everybody as is evident by the posts above.

I count three players out of position - Lee/Hutch at RB, Reach at LB and Bannan on the right wing.