Real Ale on the North Stand

Guest Wonder Spaniel
9 hours ago, Lombado said:

i saw this too. can you buy halves as I am a complete light weight and have to drive home afterwards?

Don't worry, if you ask for a pint of it behind the Kop, their pooring technique means you only get half a pint anyway! 

8 hours ago, edited said:

Probably fastest ever been served at half time in North Stand Leppings Lane end today, improvements have certainly been made

Quite the opposite on the Grandstand...2 people sharing 1 set of pumps to serve half a stand.

Absolute shambles.

Guest Wonder Spaniel
1 minute ago, vontemp said:

Quite the opposite on the Grandstand...2 people sharing 1 set of pumps to serve half a stand.

Absolute shambles.

After leaving my seat a couple of minutes early at the end of the first half, I nipped to the loo and happened to see the poster advertising the new real ale, behind the Kop. My little lad wanted something to eat also, so I thought, why not treat myself to a decent pint at Hillsborough for the first time? After waiting and waiting I quickly downed my pint (it was closer to a half actually!) and legged it back to my seat. The match was now in the 56th minute! Won't be doing that again.

On 10 September 2016 at 19:59, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Talking of Real Ale I went in Horse and Jockey on Wadsley Lane today.  It is now owned by Stancill Brewery and had 10 of their hand pull beers on.

Used to go in there before most matchs but was told it was even more of an away pub them before so mot been this season, noticed they had a home fun day or something yesterday, any good? Going in on Tuesday I think

38 minutes ago, 1867Heaven said:

Used to go in there before most matchs but was told it was even more of an away pub them before so mot been this season, noticed they had a home fun day or something yesterday, any good? Going in on Tuesday I think

Fun Day ??  Well they had a stall outside selling sweets and a couple of fellas with Owls (Eagle and Barn).  Bar staff all had Wednesday shirts on which was a nice touch and have a beer on called OWLS which was very nice.

Heard someone say they had a bit of trouble from Villa fans first game.  Did not see any Wigan fans in there.

1 hour ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Fun Day ??  Well they had a stall outside selling sweets and a couple of fellas with Owls (Eagle and Barn).  Bar staff all had Wednesday shirts on which was a nice touch and have a beer on called OWLS which was very nice.

Heard someone say they had a bit of trouble from Villa fans first game.  Did not see any Wigan fans in there.

It was someone i know who said villa were there and it wasn't how it used to be, didn't hear of trouble though but know it was shut against Leeds, see what it's like tuesday

2 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

I went in yesterday.

very impressed, it's been a few years since i was last in there, the changes are very nice, the choice of ale is fantastic.

I believe they now want it to be just home fans. 

Guest Wonder Spaniel
11 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Not sure if you meant that but I like it lol

I'll be honest, there was a temptation to run with that, and look the smug, smart git, but I won't. Quite a good Freudian Spelling Slip though!