OFFICIAL - Urby Emanuelson signs

6 hours ago, HalfFull said:

1a. There were actually 14 lines. Presumably you meant 8 sentences.

1b. That sounds like you are criticising me for something you admit you do. Have a word with yourself.

2.   Perhaps you will allow me to make any edits of my posts - if that is OK with you?

Ignoring points made by other posters adds no credibility to your own argument

3.   Your words to Adem Poric were "...all of our recruitment this summer has been players 29 and over". That is not true. Again you just ignore other signings because they don't suit your argument. The use of words such as 'if', 'maybe', 'hardly' and 'hopefully', add little of substance.

We don't know if Buckley will be gone at the end of the season. It is not a matter of significance at present.

4. I accept that I missed Pudil. Wow, that was easy. Amazing how simple it is to accept that you have made a mistake.

Just in case you didn't understand how easy it is, I have written it again in the style of StudentOwl. "In the case of Pudil... I'll hold my hands up, I simply forgot we signed him, probably because he was here last season."

Not sure whether or not I should add a '...good grief' here. I expect that StudentOwl will amend it for me if it is wrong.

1a. There were 8 lines on my laptop screen, so no I did not. I appreciate that'll look different to other people depending on their resolution, browser, settings etc

1b. I was. I believe it's the definition of irony, or at least the common misconception of the definition of irony. Am I not allowed to do that now?

2. I'm not ignoring the points, merely stating that I was discussing first team signings. We've obviously signed youth players up, as any academy does but they're unlikely to see a league game for a couple of years

3. OK, yes, it is not true. But neither is "We signed 3 out of 6 under the age of 29" or whatever it was you said. My point was that the majority of signings have been those in their late 20s and early 30s, done in a tongue in cheek way. I literally cannot believe a throwaway comment has caused this much uppetyness from you. As for Buckley, I clearly said As things currently stand, only two players are contracted to be at Sheffield Wednesday this time next year under the age of 30. We don't know if Buckley will or won't in future, but right now that statement is 100% correct. 

4. Yes you did, just like I initially said first time around with Sasso. I accepted I made my mistake the post following your initial reply to me, where there was a mistake to admit. Apparently I'm being asked to acknowledge I made a mistake with a tongue-in-cheek comment. Was it factually correct? No. Does it still represent the fact that, once again, bar two permanent first-team signings (one who we will expect to see play regularly, one we might see play two games ever in his Wednesday career) are under 29? Yes. I can't believe a post I made where I wasn't being serious has caused this response from anyone, it's bizarre. 

Edited by StudentOwl

Seeing the Milan highlights makes me realise I have seen him on the box a few times! Always thought he looked quick and excellent going forward but a little suspect defensively... that said I think everyone has already said that already in this thread and I wasn't paying too much attention to him :blush:

Still can't help but think he'll be a good signing, he's got a heck of a good pedegree behind him. Hopefully he isn't over the hump as some on here have said, but we'll see! At least it's on a free, should hopefully end up being a cracking bit of business. Welcome to the club Urby! 

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/owls-sign-urby-emanuelson-3292913.aspx

Owls sign Urby Emanuelson

PUBLISHED

09:28 6th September 2016

The Owls have signed Holland international Urby Emanuelson, subject to international clearance.

The free agent joins ahead of this Saturday’s Championship clash with Wigan.

Emanuelson is a versatile performer down the left side, adept as a full back, wing back or winger.

And the 30-year-old arrives at Hillsborough with excellent credentials having risen through the academy ranks of Dutch giants Ajax to play 171 first team games.

Emanuelson moved to AC Milan in January 2011 and helped the Italian big hitters to their first Serie A title in seven years, posting 75 appearances overall.

image: http://www.swfc.co.uk/cms_images/urby-ia138-3292910.jpg

Urby Emanuelson

Two years later, he switched to these shores, joining then Premier League Fulham on loan and debuting against Manchester United.

A return to Serie A beckoned next, with Emanuelson signing for Roma before moving to Verona.

On the international stage, he has 16 senior caps for Holland after representing his country at the Under-20s World Cup and Under-21 Championship, the latter of which the Netherlands won and Emanuelson was named in the Team of the Tournament.

The versatile Dutchman will wear shirt number 26 for the Owls.

Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/owls-sign-urby-emanuelson-3292913.aspx#6epUU8yx0ubtfGrQ.99