OFFICIAL - Urby Emanuelson signs

Guest domSWFC
11 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You've taken a half-joking comment and turned it into a 8 line response, again... good grief :rolleyes:  That's something I'd do! So I'll do it now.

Ignoring all that about the development squad because that's not what I was talking about (I crossed it out for ya) and focusing on current first team signings, Buckley is a loan signing who will be gone at the end of the year, and Sasso is also on a one year contract. My previous discussion about signing largely 28 and over players (in a previous thread a couple of weeks ago) was based on it meaning that within a couple of years we've maybe got some players who recently signed who are getting "over the hump" in a few years' time on big wages if we don't get promoted. In the case of Buckley, a loan signing hardly solves that problem (although hopefully he'll sign permanently later as loan signings fairly often do) as he'll be gone in May. In the case of Sasso... I'll hold my hands up, I simply forgot we signed him, probably because he was here last season. 

So, of the 7 permanent signings we made for the first team (Kean, Pudil, Sasso, Reach, Jones, Abdi, Fletcher) 3 are indeed below the age of 28. But that's 3 out of 7, not three out of 6 as you said, Mr 'You're not allowed to make half-joking comments'... so clearly if you're going to correct me you need to make sure your corrections have "substance in fact" lol 

That's also generously including our third choice GK...it drops to 2 out of 7 if you only include players likely to get 5 or more appearances this season. 

But you're right, I'm definitely not allowed to make light-hearted throwaway comments that we've largely signed players 29 and over :rolleyes:

I think another good grief is in order

images.jpg

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Of the 8 first team players we signed in this transfer window, only 2 will be under the age of 30 and due to be contracted at Sheffield Wednesday this time next year. One of those is a third choice goalkeeper

Is that short enough for you? 

Christ I'm never making a throwaway comment ever again.

You don't know how to make a throwaway comment. Everything is an essay.

Normally nonsense too but that's by the by.

7 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

You don't know how to make a throwaway comment. Everything is an essay.

Normally nonsense too but that's by the by.

The last thing I said that you called nonsense on was the Forestieri incident... remind me how that turned out? 

Weird how you think everything I say is an essay... including this post, only two of my last 12 on this forum have been more than four sentences long. You must have a short attention span. 

Edited by StudentOwl

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

The last thing I said that you called nonsense on was the Forestieri incident... remind me how that turned out? 

Weird how you think everything I say is an essay... including this post, only two of my last 12 on this forum have been more than four sentences long. You must have a short attention span. 

I do get bored reading your posts.