Sign in to follow this  
kilbyj

OFFICIAL - Urby Emanuelson signs

Not too sure really we have just signed reach so maybe this guy is left back and an option to bring on and play if Pudil injured or whatver ?

Will he get the number 53 shirt?

Screenshot_20160905-195123.png

• Agree 1

These goals look like he's far from a full back but the Dutch league ain't as physical as the championship. 

2 minutes ago, HalfFull said:

As Adem Poric pointed out we signed Adam Reach last week.

Although you tried to counter that (in your words) by stating that is was a half-joking comment, you also omitted to mention that, in addition to Reach and Kean, we have also signed for the first team squad, Vincent Sasso (25) and Will Buckley (26).

In addition we also signed 3 players released by Leicester, Tottenham and Everton for the Development Squad. These 3 players, together with 5 other members of the Development Squad (George Hirst, Connor O’Grady, Jack Lee, Sean Clare and Jack Stobbs) all travelled for the five-day Portuguese training camp.

So 3 out of 6 signings for the 1st team squad were under 28, not 1 as you stated. Add to that the attempt to bring additional  quality into the development squad and the clear indication that age is not a barrier to getting into the 1st team, hardly suggests that your so-called 'half-joking' comment had little if any substance. 

You are allowed to make any comment you like. However, it would help if your comments had a) substance in fact, and b)  didn't try to hide your mistakes behind 'good grief'.

A student just got owned

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, swfcjack27 said:

As I stated in another thread would like to see his Dutch compatriot Royston return if this is the sort of player we are looking at as cover 

Is he the Taxi driver.

Alles Klar.

Edited by daleblue

I can envisage Emanuelson playing just in front if Reach when Pudil's not available. Does seem more attack-minded

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I can envisage Emanuelson playing just in front if Reach when Pudil's not available. Does seem more attack-minded

Think they will interlink really.

8 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Think they will interlink really.

Irish and Kingy style?

Do you think we can re-create that free kick slipped down the side to the byeline routine?

Used to love that manouevre

Edited by theowlsman
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Irish and Kingy style?

Do you think we can re-create that free kick slipped down the side to the byeline routine?

I've just turned 20 never seen Irish and kingy! I've Seen Juliet bennett and GARY flipping teale lol

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Irish and Kingy style?

Or diagonally inside the full back.  That was another of their party tricks.  It seemed to work for ages without anyone sussing it out.

On paper hard to see this lad starting over reach or Pudil but who knows ? When bazza signed who thought he would play every game and be in the tots

A bolt out of the blue this one. But there are so many free agents out there, it makes sense to explore that market.

Based on the videos he's played with some top players, Davids, Suarez, Huntelaar, Blind. I suppose the key test is whether he can handle the physical side of the game and actually defend. But he looks handy going forward.

Put it this way, a player with his CV for free on a year deal, or Morgan Fox for £2m? Seems less risky to me.

Edited by Bluesteel

4 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

I've just turned 20 never seen Irish and kingy! I've Seen Juliet bennett and GARY flipping teale lol

You missed a treat mate but hopefully even better is around the corner for you.

Fingers crossed for you young uns that you get to see a fantastic Wednesday side in the top flight like some of us did.

• Agree 4

8 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Jesus, that just puts into perspective the utter crap we've had to put up with in recent years. It's a wonder we have any fans under the age of 20, really!

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Jesus, that just puts into perspective the utter crap we've had to put up with in recent years. It's a wonder we have any fans under the age of 20, really!

He didn't even get to see the Nolan and Rudi mash up 

• Agree 2