Sheer cheek

Agree with that entirely.Curran was a breath of fresh air at the time. For entertainment, so were Bannister, Carbone and Di Canio at various times later on. Loved to see Hirsty and on occasion Atkinson(RIP) frighten defenders with  their pace. Other characters I remember would include Jeff Johnson (don't worry son, he's hit you but I will sort it later).

Nigel Pearson, rock hard. John Fantham (run through a brick wall to score). Goodness knows these are traight off the top off me head. Many more to talk about please add to my thoughts and remind me of what I have forgot. 

PS Anyone remember the Owls game against Luton Town at Kenilworth Road when TC tore them a new one.On match of the day at the time I think they called it the Terry Curran show or something like that.

15 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Is there any player in this division who can compare to Terry Curran for absolutely running through defences and smiling whilst he does it? I'm bored with formations and football science. Where have the characters gone?

fraid not.  No characters like TC left.  I watched him home and away and he was a joy to watch.   Clever, tricky, cheeky, fast and could handle himself.  You never knew if he was going to score a world class goal, get sent off, argue with the crowd or leave a defender on his bum.   The footage of his fracas with kenworthy at BL says it all, and the interview afterwards. Football was fun then.

7 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

fraid not.  No characters like TC left.  I watched him home and away and he was a joy to watch.   Clever, tricky, cheeky, fast and could handle himself.  You never knew if he was going to score a world class goal, get sent off, argue with the crowd or leave a defender on his bum.   The footage of his fracas with kenworthy at BL says it all, and the interview afterwards. Football was fun then.

Kenworthy wasn't to be messed with. Terrific post btw.

15 minutes ago, otekalu said:

Agree with that entirely.Curran was a breath of fresh air at the time. For entertainment, so were Bannister, Carbone and Di Canio at various times later on. Loved to see Hirsty and on occasion Atkinson(RIP) frighten defenders with  their pace. Other characters I remember would include Jeff Johnson (don't worry son, he's hit you but I will sort it later).

Nigel Pearson, rock hard. John Fantham (run through a brick wall to score). Goodness knows these are traight off the top off me head. Many more to talk about please add to my thoughts and remind me of what I have forgot. 

PS Anyone remember the Owls game against Luton Town at Kenilworth Road when TC tore them a new one.On match of the day at the time I think they called it the Terry Curran show or something like that.

Good post. Is your username an acronym or are you a Nigerian prince?

22 minutes ago, otekalu said:

Think it might have been West ham away. I'll probably be corrected though.

Mckenzie jumping over a mini whilst playing for Dirty Dirty, Roger Wylde was a bit of a character too. Thing about Curran and Kenworthy. After the match at the Lane at Easter, and the 'problems' after Tet's had stood on Kenworthy's toe, some of them ended up in Josephines. I relish the memory of seeing Curran, Kenworthy, Smith and Mellor (plus some United players I can't remember) having a drink and a laugh and being part of the scene with everyone else. Shame how things change,

1 minute ago, otekalu said:

Mckenzie jumping over a mini whilst playing for Dirty Dirty, Roger Wylde was a bit of a character too. Thing about Curran and Kenworthy. After the match at the Lane at Easter, and the 'problems' after Tet's had stood on Kenworthy's toe, some of them ended up in Josephines. I relish the memory of seeing Curran, Kenworthy, Smith and Mellor (plus some United players I can't remember) having a drink and a laugh and being part of the scene with everyone else. Shame how things change,

True. Wasn't there two clubs? Napoleon's being the other. One was £3.50 and the other a fiver?

6 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Curran was a one off, not the brightest but boy he could play.  Can still see him scoring that goal at bramhal lane. How it never won goal of the season on MOTD I'll never know. 

It was goal of the season, you're dead right. I looked down in the corner and thought he was running into a dead end.

10 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Curran was a one off, not the brightest but boy he could play.  Can still see him scoring that goal at bramhal lane. How it never won goal of the season on MOTD I'll never know. 

It was goal of the season, you're dead right. I looked down in the corner and thought he was running into a dead end.

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Is there any player in this division who can compare to Terry Curran for absolutely running through defences and smiling whilst he does it? I'm bored with formations and football science. Where have the characters gone?

Total Wednesday legend....loved watching him. Commitment,skill and a reyt cheeky bstd.