Official January Transfer Window Thread

Hull are appointing Marco Silva, ex-Olympiakos manager, rather out of left field that one.

If they want Joao I wouldn't be opposed to letting him go, wouldn't half mind a part-exchange deal involving some of their full backs. Would send them Abdi too if we could have Andy Robertson. Odubajo is also a fine player at right back but I assume we couldn't get him past a medical at present as he's injured.

Contracts should be nul and void for players like this.

every boys dream to become a footballer so how do they turn into a money hungry idiot who would rather not play at all.

Surely teams would write this into a contract

From a managers point of view, If they dont want to do as you tell them, then spit the dummy out surely that contract has been broke.

If he does not want to play Carlos's way and so inevitabley was dropped then why not walk away. Talk it through for the best of both parties eg. Wednesday money in wages against mcgugan not playing and seeing his career get flushed down the toilet!

Aston Villa have had a bid rejected for Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Dale Stephens.

The midfielder has been integral to Brighton's form this season which has seen them sitting pretty in the top two of late. The Seagulls, along with Newcastle United, are in pole position to secure automatic promotion to the Premier League and are not in the market to be selling their best players.

Birmingham City are set to compete with Brentford for Wigan Athletic midfielder Max Power.

The 23-year-old is attracting attention from a host of Championship clubs after impressing with the Latics during the last two seasons and Brentford have reportedly made a £850,000 bid which has been rejected.

Guest Copthorneowl
11 minutes ago, Jazzybmzoo said:

Yet people were ecstatic when he signed.  Hindsight is a beeyatch, right?

People were ecstatic for the very reason that being he is a good player. I'm well aware he's lazy. Nobody really knows what's gone on behind the scenes but to start slagging him off (which you aren't doing btw) as many are is very unfair and fairly daft.

We were delighted to turn a loan into permanent because he was as good as we had. He's hasn't had any chances under Carlos probably fair but who knows, what is certain is on the few occasions he was brought out of mothballs (Newcastle and Cambridge away)  he was the best we had and scored in both. Personally in our striker shortage I would have brought him into the team as a striker only I'm convinced he would not have missed the sitters Joao and others did but we'll never know -think Warhurst.

Good luck LM wherever you end up mate.