Official January Transfer Window Thread

4 hours ago, HanSolo said:

unfortunately I'm of the same opinion of a few posts from others in that I cant really see this happening due to wage demands etc

which is a shame for both the players in question (mcgugan etc) but also a complete waste of wages. They'll be here until their contracts run out.

I think now more than ever there is a real need to shift some of our non playing squad members. If not I can honestly see the likes of Mcgugan Bus and Dielna being payed off.

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think now more than ever there is a real need to shift some of our non playing squad members. If not I can honestly see the likes of Mcgugan Bus and Dielna being payed off.

I hope you're right and we pay them off- everyone benefits

Andre Gray - Yes.

Pontus Jansson - No. 

Hildeberto Perreira - No.

Tendayi Darikwa - Yes.

Henry Lansbury -  No.

Fraizer Campbell - No.

James Collins - Yes.

Joao Teixeira - Yes.

Liam Bridcutt - No. 

Jordan Mutch - Yes.

Danny Ward - No.

Ben Marshall - No.

3 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Andre Gray - Yes.

Pontus Jansson - No. 

Tendayi Darikwa - Yes.

Henry Lansbury -  No.

Fraizer Campbell - No.

James Collins - Yes.

Joao Teixeira - Yes.

Liam Bridcutt - No. 

Jordan Mutch - Yes.

Danny Ward - No.

Ben Marshall - No.

If this is the kind of list I'm thinking I don't think Andre Gray will be interested mate 

Guest Copthorneowl
43 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Andre Gray - Yes.

Pontus Jansson - No. 

Tendayi Darikwa - Yes.

Henry Lansbury -  No.

Fraizer Campbell - No.

James Collins - Yes.

Joao Teixeira - Yes.

Liam Bridcutt - No. 

Jordan Mutch - Yes.

Danny Ward - No.

Ben Marshall - No.

Can't believe any sane fan can leave out Schindler.

Does Carlos actually know what we need? Of course he'll have a much better idea then any of us, but I wonder if he is absolutely clear on what he needs, if anything, to make this click. What I mean is, last season Brighton missed out in the play offs, but were nearer an automatic place than us. They looked at what they needed to elevate them up to genuine contenders for an automatic place, and went out brought in those missing pieces. I think they brought in four players, totalling about £5m. 

We on the other hand, spent more than double that on nine players, none of whom have proven they can take us to the next level. There's no doubt that the players signed, have given us extra strength in depth, but although Flecher, Reach, and to a lesser extent, Jones, have all done OK, they haven't yet dramatically improved us. Can we say, OK, we know what's needed, let's go and get those couple of players needed to get us going? Just reading on here, shows the problem, with different opinions .coming in from the fans as to what is needed. Pretty much, every position bar goalkeeper has been suggested.

Maybe we won't do any business, maybe Carlos really does already have what we need. Certainly, I'd rather him work with what we have, to find the right formula, than to bring in another raft of players who just duplicate what we have.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

A right winger is the position we are most crying out for in my opinion.  Wallace is good but not playing every game would be beneficial.  Buckley on the other hand isn't really good enough.

29 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

A right winger is the position we are most crying out for in my opinion.  Wallace is good but not playing every game would be beneficial.  Buckley on the other hand isn't really good enough.

I think we need a quick direct right sided midfielder 

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say our chances range from absolutely none to bugger all!

Exactly.  Bizarre shout

Guest wilyfox
3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Does Carlos actually know what we need? Of course he'll have a much better idea then any of us, but I wonder if he is absolutely clear on what he needs, if anything, to make this click.

What he needs is for some of his signings to find their feet and start making the contribution they were brought in to make. Joao and Matias...still waiting. Abdi...still waiting. Jones...can't hold down a place in the team. Those 4 need to be delivering a lot more than they are to date. 

My main concern over Carlos is recruitment, in terms of value for money. I feel his biggest mistake in the summer was Hutchinson's role: play him centre-half, we needed a new anchor-mid. Play him anchor-mid, we needed a new centre-half better than Sasso. At the moment, Sam is moving between. All it takes is one injury affecting those areas and we could be exposed. That was a mistake, in my opinion.

52 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

What he needs is for some of his signings to find their feet and start making the contribution they were brought in to make. Joao and Matias...still waiting. Abdi...still waiting. Jones...can't hold down a place in the team. Those 4 need to be delivering a lot more than they are to date. 

My main concern over Carlos is recruitment, in terms of value for money. I feel his biggest mistake in the summer was Hutchinson's role: play him centre-half, we needed a new anchor-mid. Play him anchor-mid, we needed a new centre-half better than Sasso. At the moment, Sam is moving between. All it takes is one injury affecting those areas and we could be exposed. That was a mistake, in my opinion.

When Hutch played centre back, most said he was great and it was his best position. 

Then he's been switched back to defensive midfield and everyone said this is his best position. We signed Jones to fill the midfield anchor position. 

Carlos can't win at times. At least he's seen we might miss that combative presence in midfield and changed it.